Accident pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
As promised earlier, here are the pics of my car straight after the accident, taken in the carpark outside my local garage.

crash01.jpg

crash02.jpg

crash03.jpg

crash04.jpg

crash05.jpg

crash06.jpg

crash07.jpg

crash08.jpg

crash09.jpg

Doesn't really look that bad does it?

Doesn't look that bad.

Roof is the worst, quite amazed at the way its so badly rippled and folded.

Shude,

Really sad pictures. :( :( :( :(

I know how much you enjoyed that car...

Originally posted by VikJ

Roof is the worst, quite amazed at the way its so badly rippled and folded.

dude, he rolled that 4 times!!

I hate this thread I hope I dont have to look at it again.

F00k!

Blimey!

I agree roof worst, plus drivers side windscreen took a hit.

Nice to see bonnet badge proudly still in place!

My eyes , my eyes , make those images go away ........

it just shows how strong that car is to ahve rolled over 4 times and still look quite car shaped.

its a yay for structural rigidity and a sorry to see your car like that dude. Main thing is youre ok , The car can be re done .....

:( :( :( :( :(
The car and amg body kit doesn't look so bad.
only the dent at the roof is very big

Mike

ok guys, here's where the accident happened. I was coming up this road and came off to the right of the picture:

crash10.jpg

Here is the first bit of grass I hit:

crash13.jpg

Here is the second:

crash12.jpg

You know what's coming next (please note the piece of sideskirt from the OFFSIDE of the car! ) :

crash11.jpg

Here is where I landed, just beyond the fence (the car pushed two fenceposts down but they were pushed back in by the kind chap who towed my car away :) ) :

crash14.jpg

If your car isn't screaming ...MAKE ME A RAGTOP then I dont know what is...

I would seriously consider buying the car back for its salvage value, get the insurance money and spend some of it getting a good coachbuilder to make it into a convertible and pocket the change ;)

W202 convertable......unique??? Sounds good!!!

Shude, where is that road?? Is it near bolton? belmont?? or am I way off track?

Originally posted by Koolvin

I hate this thread I hope I dont have to look at it again.

I meant in comparison to the rest of the car, the roof seems to be the worst bit!

Originally posted by Sp!ke
If your car isn't screaming ...MAKE ME A RAGTOP

At last - light at the end of the tunnel. Nice one Spike.

What do you think Shude? Sounds like a plan to me.

Edit

Ooop's, just realised, to many doors.

Last edited:
Nick,

IMHO your car looks pretty good considering it rolled 4 times and looking at the road side pics.

It's depressing to see a fellow enthusiast's car smashed tho :( especially knowing how passionate you are about your pride and joy. I wish you well in getting it all resolved and soon. Actually, looking at your pics I am reassured at the safety performance of our Benz's, for you to walk away from a car that flipped 4 times is testament to the efforts of the designers/engineers.

I'm assuming from the pics that the front air-bags didn't deploy, if I may ask a question... did the side bags deploy?

I look forward to seeing your future post showing your new car :) Good luck mate.

S.

*EDIT* P.S. How's your neck now?

Last edited:
I dunno how the "4 times" thing came about because AFAIK the car only rolled once! The car is category "B" salvage and as such it will be ripped apart for any parts and then the shell and chassis will be crushed - it is not fit to hit the road again apparently.

Originally posted by Shude
I dunno how the "4 times" thing came about because AFAIK the car only rolled once!

Originally posted by Koolvin

:)

The car is category "B" salvage and as such it will be ripped apart for any parts and then the shell and chassis will be crushed - it is not fit to hit the road again apparently.

Bummer :( Having said that, some unscrupulous garages buy insurance write-off wrecks with the sole purpose of doing them up and selling them as 'normal' road-worthy vehicles. :crazy: :mad: So don't be too suprised if in the future you see your car back on the road like phoenix from the flames.

S.

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
Bummer :( Having said that, some unscrupulous garages buy insurance write-off wrecks with the sole purpose of doing them up and selling them as 'normal' road-worthy vehicles. :crazy: :mad: So don't be too suprised if in the future you see your car back on the road like phoenix from the flames.

I was told today that it would cost over £15k to repair the poor thing, the shell is £5k plus painting and fitting etc!

Great idea guys!

Ok, here's what I want.

w202, w210 or w208, no more than about 6 years old, must be 2.3l or more (I'm not going DOWN in engine spec! ) must have metallic paint (unless it's black) , must have leather interior and at least aircon (climate control if poss cause it's awesome) . My budget is around the £10k mark, high mileage models are no problem.

Here are some w210s which caught my eye:

media

1997 MERCEDES E320 AVANTGARDE AUTOMATIC,
1997, R reg. 55000 miles, Silver, T&T, CD player, all usual refinements,. £8,250 . ono. 07976 574431 07976 574478.

media

MERCEDES E280 AVANTGARDE, 97, P
reg. 70000 miles, immaculate silver metallic with luxury leather trim, a/c + sunroof, 5x headrests, traction, cruise, ABS, alloys, etc, 1 previous owner, FSH, terrific car and only. £8,995 . ono. min jct 36 M1.

media

Mercedes-Benz E320 Avantgarde Auto, P
reg. 90000 miles, silver, f/MB/sh, black leather, AMG 18 alloys, a/c, s/roof, e/miorrs, cruise, alarm, CD, 4 new tyres, just serviced, 1 previous owner, excellent condition. £9,850.

media

1999 MERCEDES-BENZ E CLASS E240 V6 Avantgarde 4dr Auto [5] Saloon
1999 T Automatic. Alexandrite Green met. Air conditioning, Cruise Control ABS, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Driver airbag.Folding Door Mirrors FMBSH 2 Owners. 67000 miles. £11950 pinner carriage .

Expensive but there is a special place in my heart for alexandrite green metallic paint! (I have some facelift w210 power folding/dimming door mirrors and a set of door handles already in that colour! )

There are hardly any decent w202s on autotrader atm, shame really cause I really like the w202. Try to find one with the spec I had...you won't be able to, not for the money.

Great idea guys!

Ok, here's what I want.

w202, w210 or w208, no more than about 6 years old, must be 2.3l or more (I'm not going DOWN in engine spec! ) must have metallic paint (unless it's black) , must have leather interior and at least aircon (climate control if poss cause it's awesome) . My budget is around the £10k mark, high mileage models are no problem.

Nick,

How about this... slightly over your budget (but only slightly ;) )

W210 - E280 silver: £11.5k
W202 - C240 silver: £11k
W202 - C240 silver: £10.5k
W202 - C230K red: 10k

Last edited:
Originally posted by GDC200
...hmmmm kinda hard to track dowm C230K isn't it!:(

Yes, a lot of them are red, manual, "classic" or cloth interior and I'm not interested in any of them :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom