Accident Repair BodyShop Recommendation - Rear Collision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IbrarM

Car
Merc C220 64 Reg
Hi, i'm new to these forums but I have got a rather annoying and first time accident issue - sticky situation to deal with.

Basically it goes like this:
My local take away driver has rear-ended my 64 plate c220 and now i am in need for a body shop that any one can recommend in the Bradford area. I was sat stationary in traffic going no where and then bang this guys comes in to my rear. Anyways, I thought i would come here see if anyone can help point me in the right direction.

Willing to travel for decent high quality work. My merc is a finance vehicle so I cutting corners on the repair and going cheap is not an option.

My insurer has recommended me the following:
  1. Fix Auto Bradford South - BD4 7DG
  2. Brydens Garage - LS12 1DX
  3. Stoneacre Cleckheaton - BD19 6JT
I found: Auto BodyCare Northern Limited, Pudsey, Leeds. Has anyone used these guys as I want to take my cars to these guys. They assessed the dmg to my car and provided an honest assessment of what had been done. My thinking is this, if they can refinish astons, lotus' and other expensive high performance sports car then they will have no issue with a rear-fender bender.

What do you guys think? Please help.

Sorry to hear about the crash.

Why not take the car to your local Mercedes-Benz dealer, who will get it repaired at an authorised Mercedes-Benz body shop?

Also, if you are servicing the car at a dealer, then you are protected by the manufacture's anti-rust warranty. Having the car repaired by an authorised Mercedes-Benz repairer is the only way to ensure that the anti-rust warranty is maintained and not lost.

I will MB of BFD a call and see what they say - i see them as a deterrent as then they will use it as an excuse to devalue to the car when it comes to trading it back in again.

I will call them and get back to you guys.

I will MB of BFD a call and see what they say - i see them as a deterrent as then they will use it as an excuse to devalue to the car when it comes to trading it back in again.

I will call them and get back to you guys.
That would be difficult for them to do I think.... if they repair your car to the 'manufacture's standards', they can't really later turn around and say they did a botch job...?

That would be difficult for them to do I think.... if they repair your car to the 'manufacture's standards', they can't really later turn around and say they did a botch job...?
Yeah true ... so far I have called MB of BFD who have sent me too Evans Halshaw of Leeds. Saying that they are an approved merc body shop but they have a 2 week waiting time for the body shop. My appt is for next week.

When I asked, if there was anyone else he said for BodyWork we refer you to MB of Leeds. Even though the lady lost my appt for this week. :mad:

I am seeing JCT 600 this Friday, they have a branch in BFD on Sticker Lane. Any one used these guys? They have accredited and approved by most of the major manufacturers bar MERC lol.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Spraystyle in stoke on Trent. They are a Mercedes approved repairer. I’ve had 3 repairs to mercs carried out by them and they are first class. The fella who detailed my wife’s c220, maybe 12 months after a truck side swiped it said, “I can tell by the paint that it’s had a repair but who’s done the repair cos it’s really good, I mean really good”

Spraystyle Body Masters Ltd

Worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My merc is a finance vehicle so I cutting corners on the repair and going cheap is not an option.

If it's on a PCP and you're thinking of handing it back at the end then you might get penalised if the repairs aren't satisfactory unless it's done by a Mercedes authorised bodyshop.

I am seeing JCT 600 this Friday, they have a branch in BFD on Sticker Lane. Any one used these guys? They have accredited and approved by most of the major manufacturers bar MERC lol.

Is that the location that just lost the BMW franchise? I read lots of negative comments about them, including about the bodyshop.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Spraystyle in stoke on Trent. They are a Mercedes approved repairer. I’ve had 3 repairs to mercs carried out by them and they are first class. The fella who detailed my wife’s c220, maybe 12 months after a truck side swiped it said, “I can tell by the paint that it’s had a repair but who’s done the repair cos it’s really good, I mean really good”

Spraystyle Body Masters Ltd

Worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks man but too far for me to go bro!

If it's on a PCP and you're thinking of handing it back at the end then you might get penalised if the repairs aren't satisfactory unless it's done by a Mercedes authorised bodyshop.
This is why I want to see JCT 600 and Evans Halshaw. The latter of which is an approved merc garage. Like I said, JCT i am sure can do the work to high standard and if they can be approved by Porshce, Bentley, Beamer and AUDI then I am sure they can do a bang up job on my MERC.

Is that the location that just lost the BMW franchise? I read lots of negative comments about them, including about the bodyshop.
Rly - I have not heard anything about this .... can you share some info about this please?

So i am booked in with Saphire in Manchester for an Estimate next month on the 6th and off my own back next Friday at Evans Halshaw in Leeds. Apparently my insurer thinks its OK for me to run the risk of running a vehicle with the rear-impact bar completely gone in. They think this is OK ... clearly need to have words with them about this as my mrs will not drive the car like this and I have to do school runs in this car. The risk of being rear-ended and the car being totalled is massive.

The second issue i have is the take away owner, most likely denying liability on behalf of his driver so my insurer will probably not recover their costs. So i go down to 3yrs NCD and -600 SQUID. As much as I would like to think my insurer would do their best but guys like who are shit out of luck. The above worst case scenario is most likely. In summary, my vehicle was stationary and not moving - then a loud bang to the rear.

:mad:

You really have me confused. :confused:

If you have been rear ended by someone else then their insurance should be picking up the tab.
They arrange to get the car to an agreed authorised repairer (always a main dealer for me for warranty purposes) and meanwhile you drive a car that they provide.

Or am I missing something?

I h
You really have me confused. :confused:

If you have been rear ended by someone else then their insurance should be picking up the tab.
They arrange to get the car to an agreed authorised repairer (always a main dealer for me for warranty purposes) and meanwhile you drive a car that they provide.

Or am I missing something?

You tell me ...my insurer has advised me to file a) claim through them or b) go through an accident management company called Auxillis.
If the other party, accept liability all costs will be claimed through them and not through my insurer. But I led to believe then can drag this out and I need my car sorting sooner than later hence. So i believe this is why many ppl end up claiming through their own insurer even though they are not at fault.

Unless someone else can weigh in here?

Doesn't sound correct to me but I've not had any personal claims myself.

My brother had his car run into while parked up, he got the drivers insurance details and dealt directly with their insurer.
They collected the car, delivered him a replacement and about 2 months later when all was sorted they swapped them back again.

Surely you just ring up the drivers insurer and go from there?
No way you should have to do anything other than make a phone call then go from there.
You certainly shouldn't be running around in a damaged car trying to get quotes to repair!

Doesn't sound correct to me but I've not had any personal claims myself.

My brother had his car run into while parked up, he got the drivers insurance details and dealt directly with their insurer.
They collected the car, delivered him a replacement and about 2 months later when all was sorted they swapped them back again.

Surely you just ring up the drivers insurer and go from there?
No way you should have to do anything other than make a phone call then go from there.
You certainly shouldn't be running around in a damaged car trying to get quotes to repair!

The issue i have is that i didnt get the insurers details... it's a businss insurer. The owner refused to give it to me as he wanted to settle privately. Its my first incident so lessons learned i guess.

I did ask my insurer and they DPA cannot divulge. So thats annoying.

I got pictures and his name and his employers details. Thats all i got.

Unless there is way to find out???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom