Accident Repair BodyShop Recommendation - Rear Collision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The issue i have is that i didnt get the insurers details... it's a businss insurer. The owner refused to give it to me as he wanted to settle privately. Its my first incident so lessons learned i guess.

I did ask my insurer and they DPA cannot divulge. So thats annoying.

I got pictures and his name and his employers details. Thats all i got.

Unless there is way to find out???

Then ring and ask for the insurance details, at this point if they refuse surely you can ring the police and ask them to intervene?

We had to do this last year with a young lad who initially wanted to pay to fix our old van he hit, when it became apparent he wanted a mate to do the repair "as cheap as possible" we said no and asked for insurance details.
He refused all requests to provide these so we then reported the matter to the police and within a few days the police rang us with the insurance details.
His insurance seemed none to impressed when we explained to them the young chap had done major damage to his car and minor to our van. In the end the insurance paid us directly to have the repair done at our own choice of garages.
We pushed the dents out ourselves and left it at that. ;)

As others said.... notify your own insurer about the incident but DO NOT CLAIM off your own policy.

Call the vehicle owner and ask for insurance details. If they refuse to hand them over, report the matter to the police.

(It obviously would have made no sense to make insurance cover mandatory if drivers were allowed to withhold their insurer details......)

Once you deal with his insurer and send them the photos, they are unlikely to deny responsibility regardless of what the driver says.

In fact, you will probably find that they will be as accommodating as they can possibly be, because they will have to pick-up the bill of any further costs you incur (e.g. a rental car while yours is being repaired).

And, if you have Mobilo cover, you can also contact Mercedes Accident Management service who will deal with the other-party insurer on your behalf (at no cost to you because they will charge his insurer for the pleasure).

However... if turns-out that the other driver was uninsured, things could get a bit more difficult.

My friend who wanna business next door uses them on his RS6. He is so particular and his car looks amazing all the time. From what he’s always told me, they’re not cheap but, their work is nothing but perfect.

Hi, i'm new to these forums but I have got a rather annoying and first time accident issue - sticky situation to deal with.

Basically it goes like this:
My local take away driver has rear-ended my 64 plate c220 and now i am in need for a body shop that any one can recommend in the Bradford area. I was sat stationary in traffic going no where and then bang this guys comes in to my rear. Anyways, I thought i would come here see if anyone can help point me in the right direction.

Willing to travel for decent high quality work. My merc is a finance vehicle so I cutting corners on the repair and going cheap is not an option.

My insurer has recommended me the following:
  1. Fix Auto Bradford South - BD4 7DG
  2. Brydens Garage - LS12 1DX
  3. Stoneacre Cleckheaton - BD19 6JT
I found: Auto BodyCare Northern Limited, Pudsey, Leeds. Has anyone used these guys as I want to take my cars to these guys. They assessed the dmg to my car and provided an honest assessment of what had been done. My thinking is this, if they can refinish astons, lotus' and other expensive high performance sports car then they will have no issue with a rear-fender bender.

What do you guys think? Please help.

As others said.... notify your own insurer about the incident but DO NOT CLAIM off your own policy.

Call the vehicle owner and ask for insurance details. If they refuse to hand them over, report the matter to the police.

(It obviously would have made no sense to make insurance cover mandatory if drivers were allowed to withhold their insurer details......)

Once you deal with his insurer and send them the photos, they are unlikely to deny responsibility regardless of what the driver says.

In fact, you will probably find that they will be as accommodating as they can possibly be, because they will have to pick-up the bill of any further costs you incur (e.g. a rental car while yours is being repaired).

And, if you have Mobilo cover, you can also contact Mercedes Accident Management service who will deal with the other-party insurer on your behalf (at no cost to you because they will charge his insurer for the pleasure).

However... if turns-out that the other driver was uninsured, things could get a bit more difficult.

Thank you so much - i started the process with my insurer but nothing has been paid and I am still have some time before my car goes into the garage for the estimate. I am going to see the business owner today and if he does not provide the details then I will have no choice but to report the matter to my local cop shop. I have started the claim process with my insurer but luckily nothing official has happened yet as the car has not been estimated for dmg and approved for repair. So perhaps I still have some wiggle room to go direct.

So at present, I have filled a claim direct with the other parties insurer as of Friday last week. So I am waiting to hear back from them. = )

So at present, I have filled a claim direct with the other parties insurer as of Friday last week. So I am waiting to hear back from them. = )

Yes.

If you haven't heard back from them, it's probably because the other party denied liability and their insurer is checking their version of events against yours.

But they will have to come-up with a good explanation (e.g. that you applied the brakes for no reason, or that you deliberately 'brake tested' in front of them, etc), in order to get this past their insurer - the insurer will only accept their version of events if they are satisfied that they can defend it in court (if it came to that).

Presumably you have photos of the vehicles after the accident showing their position on the road etc, and the damage caused?

If so, then chase it up with the other-party's insurer and see where the hold-up is.

And if you don't hear back... contact Mercedes Benz Accident Management (assuming your car was serviced by MB dealer and has Mobilo cover).

At any rate, once the other party's insurer accepts liability... things will move pretty fast.

Yes.

If you haven't heard back from them, it's probably because the other party denied liability and their insurer is checking their version of events against yours.

But they will have to come-up with a good explanation (e.g. that you applied the brakes for no reason, or that you deliberately 'brake tested' in front of them, etc), in order to get this past their insurer - the insurer will only accept their version of events if they are satisfied that they can defend it in court (if it came to that).

Presumably you have photos of the vehicles after the accident showing their position on the road etc, and the damage caused?

If so, then chase it up with the other-party's insurer and see where the hold-up is.

And if you don't hear back... contact Mercedes Benz Accident Management (assuming your car was serviced by MB dealer and has Mobilo cover).

At any rate, once the other party's insurer accepts liability... things will move pretty fast.
- we moved the vehicles after the collision as it was in rush hour traffic.
- I was stationary, sat in traffic not doing anything.
- Never been in accident before, so out road courtesy, we moved the vehicles a a few yards to the curb so that other road users can pass.
- We then proceeded to take photos and assess damage as to what has happened.
- Sadly, I got my car serviced by a local indie garage and i had no idea about 'Mercedes Benz Accident Management'. Will bear this mind for next yrs service.

Anyways lets give them a call and see what the hang up is.

:mad: their office just closed 5 mins ago ... AAAAH MAN! do it first thing now tomorrow morning now.

- we moved the vehicles after the collision as it was in rush hour traffic.
- I was stationary, sat in traffic not doing anything.
- Never been in accident before, so out road courtesy, we moved the vehicles a a few yards to the curb so that other road users can pass.....

Not ideal, but it will only be an issue if his version of events is different to yours.

I am assuming you have sent his insurer the photos when you submitted the claim?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom