Accident repair.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arana

Car
W204 2012 C180 1.6 Auto Estate
Hello all,

I need some advice please.

My C180 estate was hit from the back this afternoon.

I was hit by a delivery man working for Ford Deganham.

I reported the accident to Direct line who recommended two local garages and -wait for it.. Deganham Ford is the nearest One to me.

Now if I decide to go to my preferred Merc Garage, Direct line make it slightly difficult for me in that I have to obtain a quote, wait for it to be posted to me, then post it to Direct line, then wait for one of their inspectors to view the damage and ok it etc. Long Process.

If I decide to go with Ford Deganham they collect the car, provide me with a replacement, do the work and drop it back to me.

Now the main question Merc tell me that if a non merc garage do the work I will jeopardize the 30 yr mobilo. however I just found out that my local merc dealer subcontracts the repair to a local crash repairer.

Where do I stand and what should I do?

Go for the authorised MB repairer/body shop. Very few MB outlets have their own in house body shop and all the work is sub contracted out.

Use the MOBILO clause to argue your case to the insurance company (which should be fine as it is a non fault accident and you are also entitled to a like for like courtesy car). However, going to the MB authorised body shop will not automatically guarantee or mean that you will get first class repair (s) either!!! There are very few decent body shops out there.

If Dagenham Ford fix it, they are going to be looking to keep costs to an absolute minimum , they've already got to repair their own van ...

He's paying, get it done at MB and keep all the warranty intact ...

Carrying out the repair at a non authorised dealer will invalidate the mobilo warranty in the area of repair.
Even though MB dealers use out of house repairers, they need to adhere to certain policies and repair procedures, and will also need a certain amount of equipment and training to keep its authorisation.
They will also be used to dealing with mercs, and will have access to any technical issues, and if anything goes wrong with the repair, be it straight away or 2 years down the line, you can hold the MB dealer accountable.

I have booked my car in at Mercedes Benz Brentford. West London.

They have a dedicated body shop on site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom