Accidently used old blue v5! I have pregnancy brain!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrsMA

Car
Silver one!
I have recently part exchanged my car and when I took it into the trader I took and have posted to the dvla the old blue v5 by accident, just realised as I found the new red one when sorting out!
Does anyone know if it will be ok or not? I sent it off at the same time as my tax refund too.
Thanks for your advice.

I fear it might not be, the DVLA being what they are.

I recently received a new red V5 for the SL (I thought I had one already but apparently not), with firm instructions on the front to destroy the old V5 as it is no longer valid.

Should be fine, I did the exact same thing on my polo. Tax refund came back and also had a letter of acknowledgement for change of ownership within 2 weeks

You will probably get two years (suspended). This seems harsh...but people like you shouldn't be allowed on the road.

Or, they may just write back and point out the mistake...because you wont be the first nor the last to do this.

Relax...and breathe.:)

You will probably get two years (suspended). This seems harsh...but people like you shouldn't be allowed on the road.

Or, they may just write back and point out the mistake...because you wont be the first nor the last to do this.

Relax...and breathe.:)
They will probably think it's been sitting in someone's in-tray for 3 years and quietly get on with it.

If you part exchanged it then the dealer should keep the V5? If so just post him the red copy..

It is fine to use the blue one though.

they will probably think it's been sitting in someone's in-tray for 3 years and quietly get on with it.

lol. :d

I think they will be glad to get it back since they 'lost' a load of blank ones - another one out of circulation...

They'll be too busy trying to work out the difference between their synovial hinge joints and gluteus medius/maximus to worry about it.

Thanks!
I did try ringing them on Friday but they were on strike! Typical!
I think I'll just leave it and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom