"Accoustic cameras" to fine noisy vehicles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I rather think much the same thing happens outside MSL on Artillery Road in Birmingham. Best hope they don't put these 'noise cameras' there too...
They cant put anything on artillery rd its a private rd

I disagree.... Quite clearly there are things that can be done....For starters... the acoustic cameras being discussed here.....plus roadside vehicle examinations, db testing at MOT time & tighter rules on new vehicles.

The "pop-bang" road users you refer to are often the worst offenders but there are other vehicles which are excessively loud & illegal. Unsure if you have more issue with poor imitation than high db levels.

There are decent performing cars out there that get the job done well, without screaming for attention of genuinely negatively impacting others.

Sensible & decent users of louder vehicles are often capable of reigning it in a bit rather than being immature & inconsiderate.

Bring on the fines !...For worst repeat offenders not fussed re the £'s- Seize their vehicles !
The camera's will not work as stated earlier in the thread it is near impossible to target 1 car which triggered it but if it doesn't work the government will probably waste the money on it the small amount of police haven't got time to enforce this my car is load on full chat but as and when i want it quite it is if the police left the antisocial idiots alone in which ever tesco car park they decided to hold a meet at least there all in 1 place but no the police shut it so everyone goes everywhere

Are you sure of that?

And do you do punctuation?

Thirdly, the job description of the police includes stopping and preventing antisocial behaviour, which is what they are doing by dispersing gatherings of antisocial yobs in cars in supermarket car parks. Do you have a problem with that, or are you in favour of antisocial behaviour?

Last edited:
That surprises me, it looks like a public road. There are no gates or signage as far as I recall. I could easily be wrong though.

There are a lot of sweeping judgements on this thread. Where they live, who they live with, how old they are.....
I think who people live with and how old they are came up because of something I posted, which i suspect is why you quoted me. It relates to me and where I live so I’m reasonably well placed to comment. Yes these are judgements, but I don’t believe that they’re sweeping judgements.

Are you sure of that?

And do you do punctuation?

Thirdly, the job description of the police includes stopping and preventing antisocial behaviour, which is what they are doing by dispersing gatherings of antisocial yobs in cars in supermarket car parks. Do you have a problem with that, or are you in favour of antisocial behaviour?
Yes i was there last week getting a lsd fitted and actually asked if there were any issues as people do drive quite erratic and acid reply was its a private road i can't see the issue if there at a car park what damage are they doing id rather they do it there than on a public rd as for punctuation no i don't im dyslexic or when i was at school you were thick but if you want to go down that route listening to you i wasn't born with a silverspoon in my mouth or pretend i was i left home at 15 and did a proper job i can remember when we were younger buying a cherry bomb exhaust fitting it to what ever we had and because it wasn't loud enough drilling a hole in it dont get me wrong there is a time and place for it but until they stop selling these parts etc you wont stop it i smile everytime i get in mine

The camera's will not work as stated earlier in the thread it is near impossible to target 1 car which triggered it but if it doesn't work the government will probably waste the money on it the small amount of police haven't got time to enforce this my car is load on full chat but as and when i want it quite it is if the police left the antisocial idiots alone in which ever tesco car park they decided to hold a meet at least there all in 1 place but no the police shut it so everyone goes everywhere

If there weren't so many unpleasant types around then other agencies could perhaps be more involved in dealing with traffic enforcement. In the absence of everyone being nice, Police overtime pay could be used. If offenders sort their vehicles then less fines, less tax money used, less enforcement & less illegal anti-social noise......Bingo !

I agree that one place like Tesco's might be nice to put idiots in but night workers, overnight customers & local residents need to be considered too. Also worth noting that many road use laws also apply in a supermarket car park. If a supermarket or Police allow a dangerous cruise to continue & someone gets hurt or dies then it's a can of worms.

I am not putting myself on a pedestal, as a young guy I learned to drive sideways in car parks..........albeit not next to supermarkets or residential areas....I suspect my car was fairly noisy when revving too.

For anyone wishing to focus on specifics rather than speculation then the study link below goes into a lot of detail.....103 pages of it for anyone wishing to get to sleep clicky here

Last edited:
For anyone wishing to focus on specifics rather than speculation then the study link below goes into a lot of detail.....103 pages of it for anyone wishing to get to sleep clicky here

Yup - that's the report I posted here on Friday :)

Reactions: AW8
Apologies...I haven't been with this thread since the start....I did think to myself it might be sensible to look in the thread for the link....then promptly for got to do so.:oops:

It's not Artillery Road, it's Armoury Road; my mistake :doh:

Yes i was there last week getting a lsd fitted and actually asked if there were any issues as people do drive quite erratic and acid reply was its a private road i can't see the issue if there at a car park what damage are they doing id rather they do it there than on a public rd

I think Acid was pulling your leg about it being a private road...;) Car park or public road, the police have a duty to crack down on antisocial behaviour, and they do what they can. Ragging it round a car park may do no significant physical damage, but what about the majority of people living nearby; why should they be expected to put up with a gathering of irresponsible yobs making a nuisance of themselves?

as for punctuation no i don't im dyslexic or when i was at school you were thick but if you want to go down that route listening to you i wasn't born with a silverspoon in my mouth or pretend i was i left home at 15 and did a proper job

I'm sorry for your dyslexia, but it doesn't entitle you to make assumptions. I make no apology for having had a decent education and being articulate, but I wasn't born with a wooden spoon, let alone a silver one, in my mouth, and I spent most of my formative years in a succession of council childrens' homes, and subsequently served in the armed forces for forty years, so wind your neck in, sunshine...

i can remember when we were younger buying a cherry bomb exhaust fitting it to what ever we had and because it wasn't loud enough drilling a hole in it dont get me wrong there is a time and place for it but until they stop selling these parts etc you wont stop it i smile everytime i get in mine

I think we'd already guessed which camp you were in when it came to noisy exhausts.

Until they stop selling drugs you won't stop that either...

For those who aren't aware the specific issue in London is supercars being used in race mode around Kensington and Chelsea, where the trial is taking place. Apart from the noise issue there have been a number of crashes where owners (almost exclusively Middle Eastern millionaires who ship the cars over for the summer) have lost control and ploughed into parked cars. This isn't aimed at noisy mopeds, Fiestas, etc.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is this the one famous incident?

I live in a village of around 50 houses in the North Yorkshire moors, the road has a sign saying there has been (approximately 57 death) on the local road.

You really think London with its multimillionaires has it bad ?

Just because its news doesn't mean its only in the capital.

Is this the one famous incident?

I live in a village of around 50 houses in the North Yorkshire moors, the road has a sign saying there has been (approximately 57 death) on the local road.

You really think London with its multimillionaires has it bad ?

Just because its news doesn't mean its only in the capital.
Is that a cruiser in your profile pic Cabriomat?

It's not Artillery Road, it's Armoury Road; my mistake :doh:

I think Acid was pulling your leg about it being a private road...;) Car park or public road, the police have a duty to crack down on antisocial behaviour, and they do what they can. Ragging it round a car park may do no significant physical damage, but what about the majority of people living nearby; why should they be expected to put up with a gathering of irresponsible yobs making a nuisance of themselves?

I'm sorry for your dyslexia, but it doesn't entitle you to make assumptions. I make no apology for having had a decent education and being articulate, but I wasn't born with a wooden spoon, let alone a silver one, in my mouth, and I spent most of my formative years in a succession of council childrens' homes, and subsequently served in the armed forces for forty years, so wind your neck in, sunshine...

I think we'd already guessed which camp you were in when it came to noisy exhausts.

Until they stop selling drugs you won't stop that either...
Oh we have something in common then my car is totally standard and never touched a drug in my life

Didn't have a cap badge you should no by that?

RSM will have had, think that was the question wasn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom