Achieved my personal best mpg today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dowtherz

Car
W209 CLK 350 Cab VW Golf GTE Volvo V90 CC
And it's now becoming an unhealthy obsession! Big fan of the 220cdi Blue Efficiency. Any other PB's?

Note: From cold, this was a mixture of B roads (5 miles) then 31 miles up the A3 through the Hindhead roadworks so not a constant "cruise".

Attachments

• mpg.JPG
    mpg.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
I also will admit to 'hypermiler' tendancies:eek:
But what is unhealthy about it? You visit fuel stations less often and have more cash for other pursuits. And you help save the planet! I'm sure you don't dawdle and hold others up so I have found it gives me a target on journeys when 'getting there quickest' is no longer an option if you value your licence.:D
If we set the ground rules that the average mph must be over 50 then my bests are 53mpg in the S and 43mpg in the ML.:)

True. Didn't hold anyone up but became annoyed when I had to change speed due to others changing lane! Can we also set the ground rule that the air con must be switched on :)

Nothing as special as Mactech's S class, but the wife's A160 cdi will do over 60MPG if she's careful. The worst we've had out of it is 55MPG.

600 miles on a tank can't be bad. :thumb:

My dad gets over 40mpg on any trip he now does in his W211 E320Cdi with the best being just over 60mpg. He was on the space saver at the time from Dover to Knutsford :) :) @55mph all the way.... he has had the range showing over 1000 miles on a few occasions

He also gets 30mpg out of his SL500.

This is my best.....and averaged over 50 mph so qualified...:D

Attachments

• 21-08-08_1203.jpg
    21-08-08_1203.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 319
Managed 53mpg on a trip from Tring to Thetford on Monday in my C270 cdi....all motorway with some roadworks to slow me down (and improve average mpg!). No traffic jams! Unfortunately no photo!!

I think an important consideration here is when did the computer get reset? If it was reset when the engine was already hot and the car was cruising, then it will always show a better mpg than for the whole journey, which probably included some slow town driving with a cold engine.

My dad gets over 40mpg on any trip he now does in his W211 E320Cdi with the best being just over 60mpg. He was on the space saver at the time from Dover to Knutsford :) :) @55mph all the way.... he has had the range showing over 1000 miles on a few occasions

Wow! My best is 42.2mpg!

I have searched for ages to find the photo I took of my old W210 220 CDI fuel computer display after a return trip to Bristol from Kent, in all it averaged over 60mpg on the display, and I'm sure the average was over 50mph, as most of that was with cruise control enabled. It was one of those (rare) days where I didn't get held up everywhere, and had a relaxed drive both ways.

I'll find the photo, know it's here somewhere, I just can't remember the numbers, either 61.3 or 63.1 ring a bell.

60mpg from a 320 is indeed impressive.

Ian.

Managed 53mpg on a trip from Tring to Thetford on Monday in my C270 cdi....all motorway with some roadworks to slow me down (and improve average mpg!). No traffic jams! Unfortunately no photo!!

This was from cold...early morning start. On way back I only achieved 48mpg but had to go across country via Leicester on mainly A roads

At the risk of sounding sexist, my wife consistently achieves 5-10mpg less than me driving any car, why is that? :devil:

At the risk of sounding sexist, my wife consistently achieves 5-10mpg less than me driving any car, why is that? :devil:

Because Women are always pressing the brake pedal...Roundabout..brake, change lanes...Brake..go downhill...Brake..get within 50 yards of car in front on motorway..brake..!!:crazy:

Watch for it, you'll see it all the time..;)

Ha! Mine too, when I drive her 207cc GT TDi, I can achieve 50mpg, she can never better 45mpg, but then I dont regard anyone who overtakes me or leaves the lights quicker than me as a competitor:eek:

Here is my personal best from the A180CDI:

IMG00154-20090907-1002.jpg

I'm a little confused :confused:

Fuel consumption should be better with more miles or less?

Mine's on 170,000! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom