Achieved my personal best mpg today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine, I have better but no image available :doh:

26082008-1.jpg

Because Women are always pressing the brake pedal...Roundabout..brake, change lanes...Brake..go downhill...Brake..get within 50 yards of car in front on motorway..brake..!!:crazy:

Watch for it, you'll see it all the time..;)

That's certainly true of my wife and both my daughters. They drive digitally - it's either power on, or braking. They seem to have no ability to anticipate and that makes a big difference in a diesel auto.

This is the best one i've got a picture of. I've managed over 40 a couple of times though. I need to buy a diesel :p

DSCN0395.jpg

Hi all..
Heres photo prooof of when I went from near Blackpool to Llannbedrog in North Wales and back.
It was a mixture of motorway and A roads plus Welsh country lanes..
Ahem.. Note the position of the Fuel guage after 257 miles !!!
When I got back I re-brimmed the tank at the exact same fuel pump I originally used and worked out the consumption the old way..After all the trip computer on the car cannot possibly be correct can it?????
Well my calculator says 53.9 so in my books the trip computer is as near to spot on as makes no difference.
I have now done about 15000 miles in this C270 CDI and it has not missed a beat.. What a superb engine and a mountain of torque ! 10 out of 10

Last edited:
Maybe the estate is worse (wonder if it's got lower final drive ratio) but low 50's is the best I've ever done in mine, and nowhere near that on non-motorway routes.

No-one could drive more carefully than I do (I won a smooth driving competition!) but I've also tried other approaches, such as getting to cruising speed quickly.

The only thing I do do, is I run my tyres on the lowest pressures, but tests elsewhere have shown that even very low presures don't make much difference anyway.

Rory..
When I first bought my car about 6 months ago I did treat it to some injector cleaner which made quite a difference.
I generally waft along in mine but do enjoy the acceleration every so often to clear its lungs..
On a slightly different note, the sound of the engine is superb under acceleration.. Most un Diesel like..

Just transferring some works photos from the Blackberry to a file from a couple of weeks back and found a snap I took of the cluster after driving for 2 hours down from J31 of the M1 to J15A

59.5mpg in the 220CDI!:bannana:

BUT, at average 44mph it says (yet 50 through the road works and 80 ish elsewhere, so how 44 I don't know):confused::confused:

But it therefore doesn't qualify - wont post a piccie then

It dropped to 57mpg after doing the A43 and A34 to Southampton

I reckon the Millers really helps

Came back from Cornwall yesterday in the Volvo on cruise at 75 mph total 327 miles @67.4 mpg. Mind you I need the fuel savings to pay for fuelling the new V8 4x4 of SWMBO:D

I used to get an overall average of about 34 mpg in my C270 CDI Auto and my current Lexus IS250 Auto petrol I get about 32 mph.

These figures are mainly based upon computer readings. Mine (W208 C220cdi estate) has shown over 60mpg but on a tank/tank fill my average after 17000miles is 41.88mpg

I'm just happy I don't even have a trip computer :D

Fag-packet calculations put my best mpg at around 27 after a relaxed run to Birmingham and back (230 miles).

My dad gets over 40mpg on any trip he now does in his W211 E320Cdi with the best being just over 60mpg.

Hang on, I'm looking for my bullpoop flag, and when I find it I'll be giving it a damned good waving in your general direction!! :ban::eek:;)

60mpg?! Can you provide any details on the journey that was done to achieve this? Computer reset on a loooonnggggg downhill section at 45mph?:dk:

Hang on, I'm looking for my bullpoop flag, and when I find it I'll be giving it a damned good waving in your general direction!! :ban::eek:;)

60mpg?! Can you provide any details on the journey that was done to achieve this? Computer reset on a loooonnggggg downhill section at 45mph?:dk:

Unbelievable claims on here though some verified . Never got anything like these figures in W211 e class estate but then I enjoyed my driving and probably had to keep passing the 50 mph brigade dawdling along .
As for the chap doing 60mpg- my computer never ever showed anything above 41 even barely touching the throttle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom