Acid and the MSl guys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slugsy

Car
E63S AMG
Hi there

Just wanted to drop a line to describe my experience and thank @ACID@MSL and the guys at MSL.

I went down to get my E63 Stage 1 tuned and was blown away by how professional and diligent they were as well as being a bunch of really nice guys.

Acid refused to just do a quick job and after a couple of surprises with the 2019 version v 2018 model, Acid and the team spent a significant time getting the tune right, despite having loads of other work on, he simply would only accept a standard of tune he personally would be happy with.

All I can say is the skill, diligence integrity was there to see and if you have a Mercedes or any other car and want it tuned, I would highly recommend the team.

Thanks again guys!

Before figures:
572 WHP and 614 WTQ
(674 BHP and 724 LB FT TQ )

After figures:
642 WHP and 678 WTQ
(757 BHP and 800 LB FT TQ)

There are pro shops :)and there are w@nker shops. :eek:
People should know which ones to avoid!

Hi there

Just wanted to drop a line to describe my experience and thank @ACID@MSL and the guys at MSL.

I went down to get my E63 Stage 1 tuned and was blown away by how professional and diligent they were as well as being a bunch of really nice guys.

Acid refused to just do a quick job and after a couple of surprises with the 2019 version v 2018 model, Acid and the team spent a significant time getting the tune right, despite having loads of other work on, he simply would only accept a standard of tune he personally would be happy with.

All I can say is the skill, diligence integrity was there to see and if you have a Mercedes or any other car and want it tuned, I would highly recommend the team.

Thanks again guys!

Before figures:
572 WHP and 614 WTQ
(674 BHP and 724 LB FT TQ )

After figures:
642 WHP and 678 WTQ
(757 BHP and 800 LB FT TQ)
I called MSL several times in past and got through to a lady who promised me a few times she would come back to me on quote for...but never did.
Since then I thought they were weak.

Not making excuses, but it does happen. One thing I can say is that MSL are not amateurs or cowboys, many will attest to that. What did you want doing? @ACID@MSL is a forum sponsor on here and can assist you. His mobile number is also on here somewhere, I'm sure someone will post it for you to contact him directly.

@AMGeed can you help?

I called MSL several times in past and got through to a lady who promised me a few times she would come back to me on quote for...but never did.

Communication has never been a strong point with the receptionists at MSL
Call Acid directly on his mobile. 07765 444 447

@AMGeed can you help?

:D Yep. Also to add, look up MSL Performance on Facebook and you can instant message them. I found the response pretty quick that way too.

Thanks a lot guys. It was on my previous car M3 looking for downpipes and had a few questions around it before booking it in. The lady said she had some videos she could send but after chasing a few times I got bored.
Not looking for any work currently.

If it's a simple question you can just enter it into the form on the website. I did that one morning and had an answer by lunchtime.

EDIT; just saw your response; fair enough a more complicated enquiry than mine.

Thanks a lot guys. It was on my previous car M3 looking for downpipes and had a few questions around it before booking it in. The lady said she had some videos she could send but after chasing a few times I got bored.
Not looking for any work currently.

Normally I'd say f em but Acid is definitely one I would happily make exceptions for as they are top notch.

You have to persist a little but it will get done eventually.

If a place is not busy, you have to question how good it is...

The website is currently down
I asked for a quote via the sales email on the 8th and heard nothing back so far so a little put off by this

What I've learnt with a lot of trade over the years is that very few are top notch in every aspect of the service they provide, normally with good reason, but anyway who is perfect?

A common theme with guys like Acid, and in my case the heating engineer I use (!), is they really care about doing an excellent job and doing it really well.

This can take a lot of time as it all adds up and this is their downfall, because they are trying to accommodate and be caring to all their customers and then you find it's difficult to get hold of them and they are always busy.

They put measures in place and employ other people to help and whilst I am sure these people do a great job of work and no disrespect to them, they perhaps don't quite go the extra mile like the gaffer would.

I would strongly maintain though that firms like MSLP are well-worth the effort to make up the occasional shortfall in customer service - they are certainly not remiss at times on purpose...

In all the times I visited MSLP over a couple of years for various things, and I still happily would if the need arises even though they are a good few hours from me as they always have been, I never had any problem with any of the work, the prices were very reasonable, Acid is a very personable and accommodating chap, the other chaps there are also great guys and the job is always done well from start to finish.

It's even a great day out if you are there for long enough, if you are a petrol head in particular, because there are often other interesting motors there, or coming and going, and you can chat to other people.

This is perhaps why I still speak highly of them and in all honesty, it's been the same since I've ever known them!

:thumb:

Acid is top class. He could have easily palmed me off with a cheap and cheerful tune but dedicated himself personally to getting it right, to the point I had to come back the next day as he still wasn’t happy with it and wanted it perfect. Lovely bloke, his team are great as well, they are very, very busy and perhaps that affects some things but there is a reason why they are so busy...,

The website is currently down
I asked for a quote via the sales email on the 8th and heard nothing back so far so a little put off by this

Don't be put off. I emailed another well known company about some engine work I wanted doing on my Audi. They know their stuff and have an excellent reputation so I wanted them to do the work. I email them 2 or 3 times using their web form, no reply. This annoyed me as I thought if they can't be bothered then I will go elsewhere. A couple of months later when I was ready to have the work done, I called them, got a price and booked it in. I'm so glad I didn't go elsewhere as the work was spot on and they also found some bushes that needed doing which made sense as the strut was being done anyway and so saved me some labour.

I do prefer to email but some of these companies are really busy and don't concentrate on emails etc as they get so much business over the phone and people dropping in. It's not an excuse and doesn't look good for new customers but take the advice from members on here and use MSL as they won't let you down.

Had mine done last weekend and found it was already remapped and was giving 226 hp and 412 nm after the msl remap I now have
242hp and 425nm the car also feels smoother so really happy
I also found out I have 3x glow plugs faulty and the auto box oil has a warning ( old oil ) so it is also booked at a local indy MB near me to have the oil changed

MSL seem to work on lb-ft, so that's probably 425lb-ft, you probably have 575+nm if it's a 320 type engine (V6 I assume?) :)

They often give the numbers at the wheels too, I wonder if these were? In any case, congrats!

Figures are always at the wheels from Acid.

You'd need to take the engine out to measure the power and torque at the flywheel.

There is a calculation to workout at the flywheel (usually multiply by 1.18 > 1.21 on a typical RWD auto to allow for drivetrain losses).

Yeah, so 285hp and 678nm (at 1.18) on a '320' engine is very healthy indeed.

Excited for my E350. I think/hope MSL are quite conservative on their estimations and seem to then over-deliver as these figures are above what i was quoted for my slightly more powerful car. I'm just waiting for one of their 20% off or £100 off offers!

I think Acid is quite realistic as he has done so many cars over the years and each engine will produce a different output to the next.

If the car is short he will usually be able to discover or advise why (like the knackered / underspec'd IC pump in my E55 which they all suffer from) unless it's naturally lower on power and you are unlucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom