Activated Charcoal Filter ?

Aletank

MB Enthusiast
In my service book, a Activated Charcoal Filter is listed, Is that a Pollen Filter ?
Thanks Guys ;)

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 C200CDI Estate
It depends- it could be part of the petrol tank evaporative control system---- OR it could be part of the aircon filtration system? Need to know the age/model of the car and maybe the part no of the spare part listed

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aletank

Aletank

MB Enthusiast
It's for my car as in my Signature, I've just been looking at my Servive Book that the dealer stamps when the service is done.
It has a list of things to tick to say if it's been changed eg - Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Engine Oil & Filter etc & Activated Charcoal Filter is there.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
No, you have a charcoal filter, and a pollen filter. The charcoal one takes out the nasty smells, the pollen one takes out...pollen. We don't have charci=oal in the fuel systems in this country.

OP
OP
Aletank

Aletank

MB Enthusiast
Where is the Charcoal filter then ?
I think the Pollen filter is behind the battery.
Or is it a combined Charcoal/Pollen Filter in one ?

Tinkerer

Car
W210 E220 CDi
I asked this question and was told that I would know it as a pollen filter although I have read threads on here that indicate that if you have 'climate control' you may have extra charcoal filters behind the glove box. P.S. I do not have an activated charcoal filter which means they were going to charge me £120 for something that I do not have and so do not need ...................... MB?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom