Activated Charcoal Filter ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aletank

MB Enthusiast
In my service book, a Activated Charcoal Filter is listed, Is that a Pollen Filter ?
Thanks Guys ;)

It depends- it could be part of the petrol tank evaporative control system---- OR it could be part of the aircon filtration system? Need to know the age/model of the car and maybe the part no of the spare part listed

Last edited:
It's for my car as in my Signature, I've just been looking at my Servive Book that the dealer stamps when the service is done.
It has a list of things to tick to say if it's been changed eg - Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Engine Oil & Filter etc & Activated Charcoal Filter is there.

No, you have a charcoal filter, and a pollen filter. The charcoal one takes out the nasty smells, the pollen one takes out...pollen. We don't have charci=oal in the fuel systems in this country.

Where is the Charcoal filter then ?
I think the Pollen filter is behind the battery.
Or is it a combined Charcoal/Pollen Filter in one ?

I asked this question and was told that I would know it as a pollen filter although I have read threads on here that indicate that if you have 'climate control' you may have extra charcoal filters behind the glove box. P.S. I do not have an activated charcoal filter which means they were going to charge me £120 for something that I do not have and so do not need ...................... MB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom