Activating rain sensor wipers on new SLK's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aquascape

Anyone know how to activate the rain sensor wipers built into the New SLK's

They should just work as long as you have the wiper stalk set to the first position, intermitant setting if no auto wipers.

marcos said:
They should just work as long as you have the wiper stalk set to the first position, intermitant setting if no auto wipers.

It also needs to be raining as well. :)

Tony M said:
It also needs to be raining as well. :)

That shouldn't be a problem at the moment if he lives in the UK!

You need to talk nicely to your local dealer (if you did not get it as an option) he can by using his magic computor activate the sensor fitted to all R171s.

gary

when my wipers are set to intermitant theres often a long delay between sweeps even when the screen is pretty wet yet sometimes they really go for it, doesn't seem to be any pattern to the amount of sweeps to water on the screen. Can you adjust the sensor sensitivity or turn it off to work on timed sweeps. Niggly but annoying none the less, is this the same for everyone else's?

scruffy said:
Can you adjust the sensor sensitivity
The stealership can. It will only take a few £50 sessions for you to just get used to it... :)
scruffy said:
turn it off to work on timed sweeps
Unplug the sensor, the wipers will probably revert to standard intermittent.

Sounds very familiar! The dealer can adjust them if they are too sensitive, or not sensitive enough.

The dealer has never charged me for it, just mention it when the cars going in for something else.

RichardM said:
The dealer has never charged me for it, just mention it when the cars going in for something else.
Yes, that makes sense, if it's already hooked up to the computer they can (should) do it for nothing :)

its pretty crap if the sensor is there then why not activate it as standard on all models. :devil:

SilverSaloon said:
its pretty crap if the sensor is there then why not activate it as standard on all models. :devil:

Because they would rather charge everyone 90 quid for something which is already there. Thats why they are called stealers.

gary

remote operation of the vario-roof

gary350 said:
You need to talk nicely to your local dealer (if you did not get it as an option) he can by using his magic computor activate the sensor fitted to all R171s.

gary

Does anyone know if this is the same for the remote operation of the vario-roof?
Cheers

Is this option "dormant" in R170s as well, in other words, can I just speak to MB and get this turned on for mine or do I need all sorts of expensive bits added first ?

SilverSaloon said:
I would`nt of thought the sensor on the windscreen would be present on all models,the wiring maybe-for ease of manufacturing,MB (any maker)are`nt going to put an optional part into a car if they dont charge for it.If a buyer chooses a rain sensor its just a simple task of plugging the board into the loom and thats £120 please....
On a 208 its a black plastic box under the cover in front of the RVM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom