Active audio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveskeggy

Car
S55 AMG
I want to fit a parrot kit into my S600 because I am not too happy with the original, and I have a 3100 spare anyway so I may as well use it.
But looking on the parrot site, there are two fitting types, one for an active system and one for a non-active system.
I cant seem to find any information what the difference is between the two so that I can decide if I have one or not.
Can anybody explain in laymens terms the difference?

No replies?
OK try this one for size, an active sound system is one that has a seperate amplifier, not one that is built into the head.
Sound about right?

Bascially if you have the optional BOSE system you have the active system and if you have BOSE the amp will be connected to the headunit via D2b fibre optic and the speakers will not be connected to the headunit, but to the amp instead. If you have BOSE I would email Parott to check the 100% do have a loom for this system as the info on their site is not always correct.

Last edited:
Already done that, but they havent got back to me yet.
The installation diagram thing that they have on the site says it needs a lead that no one in the UK has heard of.
Bit of a bind because I can get it to do everything, apart from put the sound out of the speakers, from behind the head unit.

Bascially if you have the optional BOSE system you have the active system and if you have BOSE the amp will be connected to the headunit via D2b fibre optic and the speakers will not be connected to the headunit, but to the amp instead. If you have BOSE I would email Parott to check the 100% do have a loom for this system as the info on their site is not always correct.

You can always just use a seperate speaker that can be mounted behind the dash for the phone kit.

I have a Bose system in my car ant the Parrot kit uses a seperate speaker.

You can always just use a seperate speaker that can be mounted behind the dash for the phone kit.

I have a Bose system in my car ant the Parrot kit uses a seperate speaker.
Good thinking!
I was just wondering if I could somehow wire it into the existing phone kit, just on the speaker side, but I like the seperate speaker one better, because it still mutes the audio system and I wouldnt damage the original phone kit.
Damn! I should have thought of that!:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom