Active break assist functions limited?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kaitlin

Car
Mercedes a180
Hi, can anyone tell me what active break assist functions limited means on my car?
Had this message come up a few weeks ago, and i am trying to figure out what it’s for

Attachments

• 3F95BAB8-A49D-41C8-87AC-A812A3C1C2AB.jpeg
    3F95BAB8-A49D-41C8-87AC-A812A3C1C2AB.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 57
It says ‘see owners manual’ is it not explained in there? :dk:

It says ‘see owners manual’ is it not explained in there? :dk:
Had a quick mess on with the manual but couldn’t find anything other than that message :wallbash:

It means the brake assist 'sensor' at the front of the car is dirty and therefore can't sense distances to enable the system to work. It happened to me in the snow a couple of weeks ago. Clearing the snow cleared the 'error'

+1

Grubby car is my bet... get it washed or just manually clean the sensors on the bumpers, in the front grille and the windscreen on the outside of where the rearview mirror is.

It means the brake assist 'sensor' at the front of the car is dirty and therefore can't sense distances to enable the system to work. It happened to me in the snow a couple of weeks ago. Clearing the snow cleared the 'error'
thanks very much !

+1

Grubby car is my bet... get it washed or just manually clean the sensors on the bumpers, in the front grille and the windscreen on the outside of where the rearview mirror is.
Thank you!

The A class seems to have a problem with the front sensors. I was travelling recently and drove into a patch of road where it was snowing quite heavily. The A Class came up with something about radar sensors dirty, see owners manual.

If you get an Active Break Assist message on any Mercedes, you have a problem; your computer can't spell... :D

+1

I get the same warning. Did cleaning the bumpers solve this issue?

Apart from the warning, the car jerks when switched from electric mode to petrol. Do it happen to you all well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom