active carbon charcoal pollen filter w203 C Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

popalock

Car
W203 C Class estate C220 CDI
anyone had experience retrofitting a carbon cabin filter to a car which didn't have this originally? I have just bought & installed the below aftermarket upgraded pollen filter with a thin layer of activated carbon. Not sure it it'll make a huge difference given how thin the charcoal layer is, but it shouldn't be any worse than a normal filter.

Mercedes activated carbon charcoal cabin pollen filter

from what I understand the more carbon is in contact with the air, the more impurities/pollution it can filter out. So maybe the above isn't the best solution.

have found another mercedes carbon pollen filter but the photo doesn't look like it is the right shape. if it is as thick as it says it is (and fits), then I'm assuming it'll do a better job the one I just got

thoughts?

thanks - will give them a call. Issue here, is they say "impregnated" which is what I have. I was thinking that the filter needed to be thicker, multiple layers of carbon in it, or a carbon chamber even?

Is your car prefacelift or postfacelift?

The standard filter in my 2006 car looks exactly like the one on the first eBay link. No idea what the filter on second link is, perhaps it fits earlier models.

Keep in mind though that cabin filter on the W203 can be either LHD or RHD so if buying from Germany make sure it is for an RHD car.

I use this one:

http://catalog.mahle-aftermarket.co...ter/specs/detail.xhtml?subId=16&filterId=5225

Also my car has the lesser Termatic, while cars equipped with Thermatronic will require a different filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom