Active Lane Keeping Assist Inoperable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ollyhughes1982

Car
CLA 180 Shooting Brake Premium Plus
Hi,

Has anyone had this happen on their CLA / shooting brake. I’ve only had the car 2 weeks (brand new 70 plate) and it’s already done it twice. It makes a loud noose and seems to brake and the message (in the image) appears on the dash behind the steering wheel and the lane keeping becomes completely unavailable in settings. The small white icon on the dash also puts ‘OFF’ above it. The only way to get it back is to turn off the ignition and switch back on, it then returns to normal.
I seem to be having numerous issues with this brand new car.
Thanks.38E1AB83-CA50-4327-A36D-124AD882DADF.jpeg72E94D3A-8C49-4609-978C-907535A36CA8.jpeg

First, have a read in the manual to see under what conditions would it become inoperative. If you don't want to do that, just take it back to the supplying dealer as it is only a few weeks old and let them sort it

Thanks. Really unhappy with the quality of it so far. Just didn’t expect it from a Merc. Dealer telling me can’t get in to be looked at til end of October 😡

Your car appears to be dirty from the picture you posted... My GT does exactly the same when its not clean, it usually only does it on start up though. Once moving, despite the warning, it does appear to be working for me.

It works through a combination of rear parking radar sensors and the camera in the door mirror, any dirt or damage on the mirror restricts the operation, similarly dirty sensors at the rear of the car.

It does state in the manual (for my GT anyway) the following may cause this error message:

• In heavy rain
  • When snow is around
  • When the car is iced up
  • When the car is excessively dirty
  • In foggy conditions
  • When visibility is poor
  • When lane markings are poor or non-existent
  • Faulty radar sensor
By all means take it back and have it checked.

Hi,

Has anyone had this happen on their CLA / shooting brake. I’ve only had the car 2 weeks (brand new 70 plate) and it’s already done it twice. It makes a loud noose and seems to brake and the message (in the image) appears on the dash behind the steering wheel and the lane keeping becomes completely unavailable in settings. The small white icon on the dash also puts ‘OFF’ above it. The only way to get it back is to turn off the ignition and switch back on, it then returns to normal.
I seem to be having numerous issues with this brand new car.
Thanks.View attachment 102329View attachment 102331
I find LKA a pain anyway - when negotiating a series of bends on entertaining roads and sometimes clipping the white lines to take a better line it's on and off continuously. IMHO it brings nothing to the party. I have switched mine off and left it off.

Is there a way to keep turned off? Every time I turn off the ignition and then turn it back on next time, the lane keeping turns back on. Can you permanently turn it off?

just googled it, can be turned off but as it's a safety feature, has to be done every time the ign is turned on I believe, I don't know if I can post link so google for more info, I expect it can be turned off with STAR by your local indie.

Is there a way to keep turned off? Every time I turn off the ignition and then turn it back on next time, the lane keeping turns back on. Can you permanently turn it off?
Mine can be turned permanently off but maybe it depends on which version of Comand is installed. A friend's VW has it coming on automatically and he has to switch it off every time he gets into the car - much to his annoyance as well.

just googled it, can be turned off but as it's a safety feature, has to be done every time the ign is turned on I believe, I don't know if I can post link so google for more info, I expect it can be turned off with STAR by your local indie.
Yeah I read somewhere that the cars insurance rating reflects this technology therefore you cannot default set to off.

As @ronnieboy posted, it’s not possible to permanently turn off LKA on the W177 A-Class and its siblings. If the supplying dealer can’t look at it before the end of October you could always take it to another dealer if they can look at it sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom