Active park assist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kinaero

Car
E220CDI AMG SPORT Estate
How do you activate the active parking assist function?? :confused:

I couldn't find any instructions in the handbook?

Last edited:
What car (model/year) is it ??

On my wife's A160 (2011 model) as soon as you see the P signal on the dashboard with the arrow pointing the direction of the parking you do the following
1. Stop
2. Put car in reverse
3. Follow the instruction on the dashboard and using the steering controls access Parking assist
4. Follow the instructions on the dashboard and start reversing without touching the steering
5. Again the dashboard will let you know when to stop moving backwards and you need to put it in first/drive

The system really works well but you feel strange the first time you try it. Be aware that you are still in control of the car and make sure you do not hit anything as no system is perfect..

Regards

Thei

Worth noting that the sensors will stop the car (and cancel the autopark) if they see potential contact.
I had a cyclist try and squeeze past my OSF wing during a parking manoeuvre and the car stopped instantly - I thought I had hit something :)

Why not turn it off and park just like you were taught to during your driving lessons?

;)

Last edited:
Your car should have the interactive handbook on your car, which you load through the DVD slot in the dash. The instructions to help you do this are at the beginning of the handbook. This will then explain active park assist.

What car (model/year) is it ??
My car is a S212 2013 63plate

Why not turn it off and park just like you were taught to during your driving lessons?

;)
Yes I just want to play with it to see if it works well enough

Your car should have the interactive handbook on your car, which you load through the DVD slot in the dash. The instructions to help you do this are at the beginning of the handbook. This will then explain active park assist.
Yes i do have have interactive handbook, and it supposed to ask me do I want to activate park assist, but I don't think it has ever ask me that question, I'll double check, may be something I didn't do it correctly??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom