Active park assist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes please Karl, although I have it on mine it's never "activated" when I want to park, usually just as I'm crawling along in traffic......

On my w205 I have to indicate to the side where the arrow is, put it in reverse then I get a message to press ok to activate park pilot, it seems if I dont indicate I dont get the message

When using it I always feel the front end will clip the car, but touch wood it's been fine

Tried in in mine yesterday ( in the drive way, between 2 parked car's) Drove slowly past the space, and the (P) came on, so I indicated, and the msg came if I wanted to use the park assist So Pressed OK, it asked me to check all round the car and if it was clear, to again press "OK", which I did. Dash display changed to show a steering wheel with an arrow pointing downwards ( reverse ) so I started to slowly reverse, then another arrow indicated to turn the steering wheel "Down", the more I turned the wheel, the more the "arrow" changed to white, then down arrow came on ( reverse) which I did then for reason's best known to itself....it said " Assist Cancelled".......so back to the drawing board, and wait for Killethertz's video :cool:

Tried in in mine yesterday ( in the drive way, between 2 parked car's) Drove slowly past the space, and the (P) came on, so I indicated, and the msg came if I wanted to use the park assist So Pressed OK, it asked me to check all round the car and if it was clear, to again press "OK", which I did. Dash display changed to show a steering wheel with an arrow pointing downwards ( reverse ) so I started to slowly reverse, then another arrow indicated to turn the steering wheel "Down", the more I turned the wheel, the more the "arrow" changed to white, then down arrow came on ( reverse) which I did then for reason's best known to itself....it said " Assist Cancelled".......so back to the drawing board, and wait for Killethertz's video :cool:
Park assist and active park assist aren’t quite the same thing.

You should get the following happen. Taken from the manual

• The message Start Parking Pilot? Yes: OK No:
    nfz_ba2_inv_0025.png
    appears on the multifunction display.

To cancel the procedure: press the
nfz_ba2_inv_0025.png
button on the multifunction steering wheel or pull away.
or

To park using Parking Pilot: press button
mbsymb5_inv_0061.png
on the multifunction steering wheel.
  • The message Parking Pilot active Accelerate and brake Observe surroundings appears on the multifunction display.

Yes please Karl, although I have it on mine it's never "activated" when I want to park, usually just as I'm crawling along in traffic......

Took me over 6 months to get around to making it, but here it is :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I watched it yesterday, thanks Karl. Can't go out though at the moment. From memory the P illuminates often but the arrow very seldom. Once normal driving resumes I'll update. Thank you very much for uploading!

Thanks will try. Didn't appreciate you have to select reverse then it asks you to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom