Actros Ice Tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pietre

Car
Volkswagon Phaeton V10 5.0L
Is the Actros Ice Tool a genuine Merc part? I am thinking of adding one to my winter OOOOps I didnt want that to happen kit. the law of sod states "if you aint got it you will want it", but my helpful parts man is unable to find a part number, can anyone assist please. We are informed by all of those who state knowledge of weather etc, that we are "going to be in for a really cold spell" so must be a heat wave on its way.

I,ve got one and used it. It is a MB part I'll get the number for you a bit latter on this morning.

I had a look for it on the Actros catalogue and didn't immediately find it. If you check the online accessories brochures for the trucks and the unimogs they get some fantastic stuff, pretty cheap too!

It has a saw, bottle opener, pic axe, spade, nail remover, and some other holes I've never figured out!

R2D2 said:
It has a saw, bottle opener, pic axe, spade, nail remover, and some other holes I've never figured out!
No point in having a leatherman's then! Oh, does it have the essential tool for getting boy scouts out of horse's hooves? ;)

Bad news its not got a Part Number stamped on it! But its case says Actros so Shude is right its part of the Actros lorry range. Why not print the photo of mine and take it to the dealer so you can say "get one of these" to him!

R2D2 said:
Bad news its not got a Part Number stamped on it! But its case says Actros so Shude is right its part of the Actros lorry range. Why not print the photo of mine and take it to the dealer so you can say "get one of these" to him!
There is a commercial truck/van stealership on the way into Manchester from Bury, I might see if they know anything about it :)

Er no! I think it was in the £15-£20 range but I'm not sure. It is actually really useful because when you drive on snow and it compresses and things get tricky you can break the ice infront of the rear wheels with the pic and the shovel out the broken ice then hopefully drive away. I used mine in Scotland two Christmases ago and down here in sunny kent when I got stuck in a carpark on ice.

Ideal for warding off Car Jackers as well, keep it under the seat. :D

I'll tell you what. If you hit someone with a combined Ice axe and Ice saw I dont think they'd be coming back for more!

Brian WH said:
Ideal for warding off Car Jackers as well, keep it under the seat. :D

What a thing to say :D Maglite is a little less obvious tho ;)

I'll tell you what. If you hit someone with a combined Ice axe and Ice saw I dont think they'd be coming back for more!

You mean it will 'remove their finger nail' with the 'nail remover' and they will think twice :D :D

Regarding the reference to clampers I have a bolt cropper (approx 15 inches long) in my 'car tool kit' especially for the clampers. Not been clamped yet but the croppers were just lying in my garage drawer so I thought best make available for good use.

Did you find a link or part numer for the Ice Tool?

(I even walked through the oily-puddle-strewn-forecourt that is my local MB Commercial dealer to get to their "parts" dept - and they hadn't heard of it. Same Customer Service as the car dealers though - he said he would phone me this afternoon. And hasn't. :mad: )

Cheers

@ Swiss Toni - your sig - that's me stuffed then :crazy: coz I lOVE driving my MB :crazy: :D :eek:

May not be as pretty, but the British Army folding spade can be picked up in surplus stores for £8 to £28 depending on how spivvy the place is.

Folds up small into rubber carrier designed to clip onto webbing and is damn useful. Blade can be locked at right angle so it doubles as a small mattock.

As for the MagLite torch, I am led to believe that in certain circles it is common to find the larger ones being run off "C " cells as opposed to "D" cells. This is of course purely on grounds of economy.

Unfortunately, that leaves a gap betwixt the smaller batteries and the inside of the torch, so something must be found to fill that. I understand that lead flashing has been found to be most suitable for that purpose.

Satch said:
As for the MagLite torch, I am led to believe that in certain circles it is common to find the larger ones being run off "C " cells as opposed to "D" cells. This is of course purely on grounds of economy.

Unfortunately, that leaves a gap betwixt the smaller batteries and the inside of the torch, so something must be found to fill that. I understand that lead flashing has been found to be most suitable for that purpose.

I dunno - these roofers are sooooo tight arn't they lol. :rolleyes:

ot -btw - sticky backed lead flashing is great anti vibration stuff to stop door panels vibrating when playing music loud..

I have looked through all the tools on all the mercs from the Grand 600 to the 215 CL with no luck on any axe / spade / shovel being visible - maybe a unimog dealer?

Right got it sorted. It doesnt have a part number, its discontinued and there is (I am informed only one left in the country), I can get it delivered to a dealer who isnt an MB dealer but can get it through their network. It will then require me driving a little way to collect it, and its heavy so assume postage will be say £5. If any one wants me to buy it, drive and collect it and post it to them then pm me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom