Actros Ice Tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
guydewdney said:
I have looked through all the tools on all the mercs from the Grand 600 to the 215 CL with no luck on any axe / spade / shovel being visible - maybe a unimog dealer?
I already checked the Actros Trucks but didn't find anything, I think I have access to about 7 different unimog chassis with the catalogues I have so maybe there will be something under there! :)

It makes sense that a unimog would have a tool like this in the standard toolkit. Will try to look tonight!

I love looking through the truck sections of the catalogues, I was tempted to buy the rear-cab bunkbeds in oem colours, matching bed covers and pillow cases with MB logos etc but decided against it in the end, that would be a step too far ;)

R2D2 said:
Right got it sorted. It doesnt have a part number, its discontinued and there is (I am informed only one left in the country), I can get it delivered to a dealer who isnt an MB dealer but can get it through their network. It will then require me driving a little way to collect it, and its heavy so assume postage will be say £5. If any one wants me to buy it, drive and collect it and post it to them then pm me!

Wonder what its been replaced with !!!

How much is the actual thing itself ?

S.

Just received - thanks very much R2 !

Very nice and well designed little piece of kit - will take pride of place beside my Fire Extinguisher, under the seat ;)

S.

Shude said:
I was tempted to buy the rear-cab bunkbeds in oem colours, matching bed covers and pillow cases with MB logos etc but decided against it in the end, that would be a step too far ;)

did SWMBO put paid to that then? ;) :p

Mine arrived today too :)

Thanks very much :) im all chuffed with it now :D

fuzzer said:
Mine arrived today too :)

Thanks very much :) im all chuffed with it now :D

Hi

Where did you source your one from?

Regards

Tan

MB deny all knowledge of the part but I showed mine to someone at a non franchaised dealer who reckoned he had seen one. By the time I'd put some feelers out I came up with two, which Sym and Fuzzer now have. Yesterday I spoke to Milton Keynes MB and they have confirmed that the part no longer exists and that there are officially none in existence anymore. The factory dont make them and no one officially has any. So if any one can find one then good luck to them as it would appear Fuzzer and Sym have the last two in the world. (I'm still looking though!)

looks more like an offensive weapon! in london ive known people being done for having the massive maglite in the car, as they can class it in the same league as a baseball bat!

Alps said:
looks more like an offensive weapon! in london ive known people being done for having the massive maglite in the car, as they can class it in the same league as a baseball bat!

mentioned in another forum - that D cell batteries are terribly expensive, so it can be cheaper to use C cells in the bigger maglites - but you have to wrap them in lead flashing to stop them rattling around..........

:eek:

Alps said:
in london ive known people being done for having the massive maglite in the car, as they can class it in the same league as a baseball bat!
I very much doubt you can be accused of anything for simply having a maglite in the car. Unless you wrap it around someone's head it's just a torch. Much like it's perfectly harmless to carry a baseball bat, if you also happen to have a baseball glove and some baseballs rolling about... :)

A friend of mine said he always carries mint breath-freshener spray around with him, for self-defense. He said it's perfectly legal to carry around in your pocket but if sprayed in the eyes is more effective than mace :crazy:

Shude said:
A friend of mine said he always carries mint breath-freshener spray around with him, for self-defense. He said it's perfectly legal to carry around in your pocket but if sprayed in the eyes is more effective than mace :crazy:

Cop - Can you describe the man who attacked you?

Friend of Shude - 6'2", Ugly-lookin, but smells like a glacier-mint.

:rolleyes:

Swiss Toni said:
Cop - Can you describe the man who attacked you?

Friend of Shude - 6'2", Ugly-lookin, but smells like a glacier-mint.

:rolleyes:
He is an ex-police officer in fact! The description is fairly accurate.

http://www.satorial-blades.co.uk/centre_store.html

seem to sell them - go to misc / camping..

Multi_Function_Shovel_250.jpg

Its not the same as the MB one ad doesnt have bottle openers and bits but its a very good find given MB dont do them anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom