Ad blue issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blanky

Car
E220 blue tech
Thanks for letting me join your forum.

My E220 is telling me I only have 470 miles left then the will not start but the ad blue tank is topped up.

The EML is on. The MB main dealer have said they can not find the fault.

Can some one please help me.

Welcome aboard,we get lots of these ad blue problems,I take it you have tried to fill the adblue tank and it is full ?there are so many things this could be you have to get the fault codes read,as above change the garage have you got a decent indy near you with Star,it could be one of the nox sensors but until the codes are read it is shooting in the dark.

Welcome aboard,we get lots of these ad blue problems,I take it you have tried to fill the adblue tank and it is full ?there are so many things this could be you have to get the fault codes read,as above change the garage have you got a decent indy near you with Star,it could be one of the nox sensors but until the codes are read it is shooting in the dark.
Thanks for the reply the code is p13e400.

Hi the fault code is p13e400

Quite a bit of info if you google it, could be level sensor,nox sensors or ad blue injector nozzle, find yourself a good indie with connection to Germany who can do software updates etc, just in case its a software issue.

Quite a bit of info if you google it, could be level sensor,nox sensors or ad blue injector nozzle, find yourself a good indie with connection to Germany who can do software updates etc, just in case its a software issue.

Got the same on my 2013 E350, just under 400 miles to go. The car has been parked up quite a bit because of lockdown, etc. so I'm guessing there's been some uera crystallisation. I tried locally but no chance of a diagnosis without Star. My local indy was going to be £70 to plug it in then £70 to look at the screen and see what it says. Plus VAT, of course.

It's booked in at the dealer next week for diagnostic. Pick your dealer carefully because prices vary enormously. Mine's "only" £70 all in, plus probably a kidney to fix it when the numbers come up.

I recall my Mazda CX was running out of Ad Blue when I was driving through France so I stopped at an aires ( rest area) and I recalled that I had to urinate in a bottle and add this to my adblue container to keep the car running until I got back to Blighty. The contents of Adblue seem to be ammonia based similar to urine and it worked. The Mazda used to go through litres of ad blue possibly because it required the diesel particulate filter replacing, it was clogged up and if removed the car would fail its MOT, so to replace it was over a £1000 a lot for a metal container.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom