ADBLUE any difference and when to fill it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc estate

MB Enthusiast
Car
C Class w205 220d AMG Premium line 2016
Hi Gang, 2016 c class 220d W205. Sitting waiting for the wife as we do, as she has just got to ........... Fiddling with the buttons checked the adbule it said half full, nows the question. Should i wait for it to tell me to add it, or just go and get some and add it ? Iv'e had the car 8 months so still got 4 months left on the warranty from where i got it, so with all the issues i read on here with the nox sensors. Should i top it up now to see if they show up so i can get it fixed if it shows off, or just wait until i get it serviced which will be at the end of the warranty :eek: ? I did read on another post about waiting because of it crystallising ? Lastly do i just get adblue from anywhere or does it like a special type ? Thanks for you help i am sorry if it has been asked before but i have searched and couldn't find anything, Thanks :thumb:

The AdBlue tank is designed to last between services, and will be topped-up by the dealer at the next service - it's not supposed to need topping-up between services.

That said, if you must top it up for whatever reason, you can just buy AdBlue at any petrol station or from motor factors etc.

Thanks for you answer, but i am concerned about once they service it, then i would get the nox issue and would be out of warranty.

When is the next service due? You could potentially bring in forward so that you get it done before the warranty expires (assuming its only by a month or two). Not just for the NOx sensors, but also for any other faults that may come to light?

Last edited:
When is the next service due? You could potentially bring in forward so that you get it done before the warranty expires (assuming its only by a month or two). Not just fir NOx sensors, but also for any other faults that may come to light?
Great idea, thats why you are the master. I didn't think of that, thanks solved :wallbash: i have been thinking about it for a couple of months, more hair gone, i should have asked earlier :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom