Adblue confusion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speedman

Car
E220d
Hi,

I have an new E220d estate and am confused about the adblue range. I have had an adblue car previously (skoda superb) and this had a 12 litre adblue capacity which gave a range of approx 8,000 miles. My e220d has only covered 500 miles so far, the adblue gauge says its full but the range is only 4,700 miles. Given the manual says the capacity in my car is 23.5 litres, I was expecting a much higher range unless this car uses a lot more adblue?

My local MB dealer has told me this morning that the max range possible is 5,000 miles so the car is correct, it just seems too little range for such a large adblue tank?

Would be grateful for advice, thanks.

Same size of tank in mine and it says 13,000 miles just now and only 3/4 full.

Hi,

I have an new E220d estate and am confused about the adblue range. I have had an adblue car previously (skoda superb) and this had a 12 litre adblue capacity which gave a range of approx 8,000 miles. My e220d has only covered 500 miles so far, the adblue gauge says its full but the range is only 4,700 miles. Given the manual says the capacity in my car is 23.5 litres, I was expecting a much higher range unless this car uses a lot more adblue?

My local MB dealer has told me this morning that the max range possible is 5,000 miles so the car is correct, it just seems too little range for such a large adblue tank?

Would be grateful for advice, thanks.

Mine has done 8,300 Miles, it's reading Half Full with a Range of 4,000 Miles! :rolleyes:

Grateful for the comments which confirm my doubts, I have e-mailed MB uk and see what I get back.

Remembering to compare like with like - are the cars of the posters the same age, EU spec, etc? Possibly a newer car is dosing more robustly and consequently consumption will be higher.

Thanks, I wondered something like that or whether they have put a smaller tank in but can't see how it is then supposed to last between services without refilling. I will update when I hear back from MB.

The tank is designed to last a years worth of driving but depends on style and conditions. It was about 16k on my C Class

At 500 miles, the car isn’t even run in. As above, get some more miles on it before worrying.

At 500 miles, the car isn’t even run in. As above, get some more miles on it before worrying.
Hi, I get that the car isn't run in but is that linked to the adblue range being so low for a full adblue tank? Also, why would the dealer have told me that 5,000 miles is the max range?

I wouldn’t believe a dealer....

The system is probably still calibrating itself - I’ll bet that remaining range will increase

Hi, I get that the car isn't run in but is that linked to the adblue range being so low for a full adblue tank? Also, why would the dealer have told me that 5,000 miles is the max range?

My C220 would take a few k miles to adjust after a service. It would start off showing the adblue would run out way before the next service but by the time it came round would still have 1-2k left. It is influenced a lot by the type of driving you do. gentle motorway doesn't seem to use it as much

Mine is a new E220 Estate and also shows a range of about 5000 when full. I refilled with 10l to full after 5000 miles and it showed 5000 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, why would the dealer have told me that 5,000 miles is the max range?
Probably because they don't know, can't be a*sed to find out, and therefore took what they thought was a plausible punt.

Colour me cynical...

Hi,

Just to update - I have received a response from MB uk but this seems to be a generic response to any question asked about adblue which is a waste of time and states that any manufacturers figures are affected by many factors, etc, etc

What they haven't answered is my question - is a range of only 4,700 miles correct for a new car with a full tank with 23.5 litres of adblue. I can only guess there is something wrong - which I will find out over time, or once I have covered more mileage the car will realise the range needs re-calculating.

Try contacting MB in Germany.

I have a 2017 C300 H and the adblue tank shows half full with 8000 left.

I recently had the dreaded adblue issue.
After a reset and and software update my adblue range has gone from 16000 miles to 7000 miles on a full tank.
Will be phoning dealer tomorrow to see what they say, may be time to say good bye and get a petrol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom