Adblue ( DEF ) from Service Station Pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gammyleg

Car
C200D
I have found a local Esso garage that sells Adblue 'on draught'. Has anyone ever used a service station pump to refill their adblue or know whether the pump nozzle would fit into the cars adblue filler pipe? Specifically a 2015 C200D.

Thanks

I believe the fitting is standard but have seen some comments that the flow rate is high as trucks takes loads ot it.

Been keeping an eye on this as we have new VW with Ad Blue. An issue with our car is the filler is buried in the boot floor and I really wouldn't the stuff to go spurting out! And it would be a pain in filling station to have to remove the spare etc.

I've bought the filler tube and a 5L bottle of Ad Blue from TPS (VW's trade parts place). They had 5, 10 & 20L containers. I think MB sells the tube too and it may well be the same. VW one was only about £6.

Last edited:
My adblue filler is next to the fuel filler so spillage is not an issue as such.

The MB service receptionist pointed me in the direction of the Esso garage when I complained that my 7 week old car had used up its entire adblue reserves in less than 2000 miles - The whereabouts of a local adblue supplier was not exactly the point I was trying to get across!!

What happens if you run without Adblue?

Add Blue another money making franchise.... Or is it to protect the environment ??

Smeesh....:crazy:

My adblue filler is next to the fuel filler so spillage is not an issue as such.

The MB service receptionist pointed me in the direction of the Esso garage when I complained that my 7 week old car had used up its entire adblue reserves in less than 2000 miles - The whereabouts of a local adblue supplier was not exactly the point I was trying to get across!!

This'll annoy you:

You and AdBlue®

(The dealer should do it free for the first year. Sorry not to mention that earlier, I thought you were just asking a general question about whether it was usable or not).

Last edited:
I believe the fitting is standard but have seen some comments that the flow rate is high as trucks takes loads ot it.

Been keeping an eye on this as we have new VW with Ad Blue. An issue with our car is the filler is buried in the boot floor and I really wouldn't the stuff to go spurting out! And it would be a pain in filling station to have to remove the spare etc.

I've bought the filler tube and a 5L bottle of Ad Blue from TPS (VW's trade parts place). They had 5, 10 & 20L containers. I think MB sells the tube too and it may well be the same. VW one was only about £6.

Last Truck I filled took 20 litres from the pump. 10 litre containers generally include a flexible pipe attached to the side. If using a container, it flows easier if you cut a breather hole into the top of it.

This'll annoy you:

You and AdBlue®

(The dealer should do it free for the first year. Sorry not to mention that earlier, I thought you were just asking a general question about whether it was usable or not).

Thanks for the link Rory. I haven't yet filled up the adblue tank as the car is booked in for an early check up on Tuesday for Engine Management warning light issue. They can fill it up then.
My owners handbook states either 8ltr or 25ltr capacity depending on the model. As mine is only one step off the bottom spec I suspect it will be the former.

MB have now filled up the Ad-Blue and the screen tells me that there is enough now to last for 15000 miles. Can't have been much in there when it was delivered.
Apparently the low level was the cause of the engine management warning light coming on, however that lit up about 2 days before the low level warning message appeared.
Anyhoo, all fixed now and hoping it stays that way. Thanks for all the replies.

My "Refill Adblue" light just came on. Quick call to the dealer who asked me to go in this afternoon for a free 10L top up :)

Car is 10 months old and done 11k miles. I am sometimes a little Larry Leadfoot, hence the early refill needed I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom