Adblue engine start not possible issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E350LONDON

Car
W212 E350d 2014
So I purchased a 2014 E350 bluetec that had 80k on the clock. The engine was in great condition and I have only covered around 2000 miles in it so far. The problem I'm having is to do with the ad blue system. First signs of a problem came when the engine management light came on. I plugged in my OBD reader and it said that there was an issue with the Nox sensors so I made note and erased the faults. A few weeks later the ad blue top up warning came on so I drain the tank and refilled with fresh ad blue... The light remained on. I then drove the car around in the hope that the car would reset itself but instead I got an "Engine start not possible in xxx miles" instead. I then replaced the Nox sensors and had a guy come out to do a diagnostic, regeneration and a system reset. He was out there for hours. He then sent me over a report and in it he said that there was an issue with the ad blue module and the Level sender unit. He said that they weren't communicating with the main computer and that the adblue control module along with the sender unit will need replacing. He checked fuses and relays too and said they were all intacted. So to save myself a ton of money I Bought a used tank with pump, sender unit, heater and new module all attached which came out of another e350 bluetec that had only front end damage. The guy said the system came out of a car that was working fine and had no adblue issues. I picked it up everything looked fine. I brought it home and switched over the whole tank and components, replaced the control module and then refilled with fresh ad blue. I started the car and nothing had reset. I was still left with the engine start not poss warning with only 5 miles left on the countdown. I drove it for two miles hoping that it would reset but it never and now I'm left with a car that has 3miles left on the countdown and no resolution. Could anyone tell me if the new system has to be reprogrammed to the car or if there could be some other kind of issue. Perhaps a wiring issue. Car is our lifeline so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Get it to an indie who has star, and see if the bits you’ve changed need coding and all historical fault odes removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom