Adblue Heater

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S350L

Car
Mercedes
further to my posts about the issues that I’m having, I have scoured the net. It seems that the various codes that the car is throwing out seems to be down to the adblue heater.

Has anyone else had a problem with theirs, as it seems that this is very common in the USA

I have a W221 S350L and the codes it throws out are fuel pump, cam position, reducent heater amongst others

Thanks in advance

I had no idea the AdBlue tank had a heater, you live and learn.

My car is 2 years old E350 Bluetec and has been faultless.

Robin

This is a thread for a ML but principles may well be the same? Probably more stuff on it in the USA because it was implemented there first
2011 adblue heater and processor failure - MBWorld.org Forums

you will find the right part nos here if you input your chassis no. parts catalog Car mercedes CHASSIS EUROPA, original catalog Car mercedes CHASSIS EUROPA, online catalog Car mercedes CHASSIS EUROPA, Car catalog Car mercedes CHASSIS EUROPA

its in the fuel system section.
one example
e.g.ADBLUE CONTAINER AND LINES MERCEDES S-KLASSE [Car] [CHASSIS] (EUROPA)
B47800000013.130813.png

I wouldn't have thought it needs one; it's going in to a hot exhaust isn't it? - Is it just to stop it freezing when it's really cold?
I think you may be right, or it may be to keep the urea in solution [ hence at the correct concentration] in colder weather.
Interesting that in that US thread there was talk of emission control warranties where equipment designated as part of any emission control system may in some instances be protected for a much longer period than the 3 year manufacturers warranty and whether any adblue equipment would come under that heading. It would appear that adblue was not covered despite it being a fairly integral part of reduction of harmful emissions . :(
https://nepis.epa.gov/Exe/ZyPDF.cgi?Dockey=P100NNQH.pdf

I think it's there for cold climates as Adblue freezes at -11c, so not such a big issue within the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom