Adblue level not measurable ? 2017 W213 e class AMG line

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Put my car in on Friday. My result from mercedes:
Diagnostic adblue level not reading. That's £170. Before we replace the tank, we want to check the wiring as it may save you. It will be an other 2 hours labour tho at £170ph. Mercedes won't help unless we know exactly what the fault is, also as its Friday afternoon we will probably get back to you on Monday.
Phone on Monday to be told, you need a new tank at a cost of £1875. Also Mercedes have had a look at your case and say you are 100% liable for costs.
I am currently dealing with mercedes customer services to see if I can improve the offer.

Hi thanks for the update. I tried several head office but could not managed. I have been charged £1482 after little discount and £240 inc vat charged for diagnostic alone.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 15.39.17.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 15.39.17.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 24
I am sorry guys buy I am losing faith in the Mercedes brand,this adblue nonsense is getting out of hand,it is a crap system and owners are paying the price big time.

So mercedes have refused to help. Looking at a £2k bill to replace tank. Do I go ahead or can this be done cheaper at an independent?

So mercedes have refused to help. Looking at a £2k bill to replace tank. Do I go ahead or can this be done cheaper at an independent?
My mechanic offered me £1k for part and £300 labor. Or if you risk with used one it may cost you £700 max but with no warranty and obviously these parts are not reliable.

I agreed to get it done from mercedes aa it covered 2 years warranty plus if i just do not get repaired i had to pay £240 disgnostic charge.

So its more like you are trapped.

Not sure why you are more invoiced but try to ask for some disocunt . Never mercedes again.

Not sure on price difference either. Car has been at the garage for 4 weeks now. They have no courtesy cars and can not source a new adblue tank as its on back order from Germany. They cant give me a date as to when I can have my car back. Customer service is really poor and don't seem to care. Would rather just trade it and move on.

Wow thats really bad. Mine arrived in 3 days. I am also planning to do a part exchange with some other brand. Fedup of merc.

Wow thats really bad. Mine arrived in 3 days. I am also planning to do a part exchange with some other brand. Fedup of merc.
Most are the same btw. ADblue issues are on all cars. If you want someone to blame its not the manufactures.

Took my C250 in for an MOT and was told , when booking it a few weeks ago, that there was a recall to check the Nox sensors and software update. When I declined the software update I was told that without it they couldn't check the Nox sensors , so had to OK it.
When the car went in yesterday the adblue showed 2600 miles remaining, whenn I had it back it was only showing 1900 miles remaining. Today put 10 litres in and although it indicated 3/4 full the range is only showing 5000 miles.So by my calculation a full adblue tank will only last 6500 miles which I don't think is right.Spoke to MB and I will check it again after doing some more miles over the weekend.

Took my C250 in for an MOT and was told , when booking it a few weeks ago, that there was a recall to check the Nox sensors and software update. When I declined the software update I was told that without it they couldn't check the Nox sensors , so had to OK it.
When the car went in yesterday the adblue showed 2600 miles remaining, whenn I had it back it was only showing 1900 miles remaining. Today put 10 litres in and although it indicated 3/4 full the range is only showing 5000 miles.So by my calculation a full adblue tank will only last 6500 miles which I don't think is right.Spoke to MB and I will check it again after doing some more miles over the weekend.
Posted the above on another thread as well.

I find the predicted Adblue range remaining is consistently pessimistic by a large margin. When full it shows less than 6000 miles but I did 10,000 miles and there was still 35% remaining.

Got my Ad-blue tank replaced for £1600 ( £2000 - £400 merc contribution ) at the end of Feb after being at the dealers for 4 weeks. Car has came back with a bad vibration through the steering wheel when I brake. Mercedes say discs maybe damaged due to the car sitting for 4 weeks. On top of that the engine light has came back on this week. For a 3 year old e-class the reliability has been terrible.

Got my Ad-blue tank replaced for £1600 ( £2000 - £400 merc contribution ) at the end of Feb after being at the dealers for 4 weeks. Car has came back with a bad vibration through the steering wheel when I brake. Mercedes say discs maybe damaged due to the car sitting for 4 weeks. On top of that the engine light has came back on this week. For a 3 year old e-class the reliability has been terrible.
In January, I had the same problem with vibration, car had also been sitting for 3 weeks, had to get the front disks/pads changed, disks weren’t warped, but rust had stuck to the disks, never had this issue with my w211 previously, many a time car would sit for around 4 weeks max each year, don’t know why it happened on the w213.

I have seen others have had NOx sensor issues, not sure if this is related but not seen any mention of adblue level not measurable. I have the engine warning light but other than that the car feels and sounds fine. Booked into Mercedes today first date available is 10th of Feb. I am not getting a level shown or any mileage count down, so unsure if safe to drive until its looked at. Has anyone experienced this issue ? Thanks in advance
Same problem I had. Code p203b and eml on. Adblue tank sensor faulty. One new adblue tank fitted and no more problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom