Adblue level not measurable ? 2017 W213 e class AMG line

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

liam1987

Car
W213 E class 220D AMG line
I have seen others have had NOx sensor issues, not sure if this is related but not seen any mention of adblue level not measurable. I have the engine warning light but other than that the car feels and sounds fine. Booked into Mercedes today first date available is 10th of Feb. I am not getting a level shown or any mileage count down, so unsure if safe to drive until its looked at. Has anyone experienced this issue ? Thanks in advance

Could you not drop a litre in there temporarily to ensure you don't go into Limp Mode?

Could you not drop a litre in there temporarily to ensure you don't go into Limp Mode?
I added 10litres, no effect. tried giving it a run to see if level would kick in. Nothing, so just filled it to overflow to make sure its full. tried sitting with the ignition on letting it sit for 10mins. then starting it, still giving the message "adblue level not measurable". got the fear its the ultrasonic level sensor as i think its a full tank replacement is needed to repair that.

It needs plugging into an official Star firstly. The systems do not like being over filled either.

We have replaced, pumps, injectors, tanks NOX sensors all for this issue.

Thanks for the reply, Unfortunately I have to wait 5 weeks before Mercedes can look at it due to the new lockdown

I have seen others have had NOx sensor issues, not sure if this is related but not seen any mention of adblue level not measurable. I have the engine warning light but other than that the car feels and sounds fine. Booked into Mercedes today first date available is 10th of Feb. I am not getting a level shown or any mileage count down, so unsure if safe to drive until its looked at. Has anyone experienced this issue ? Thanks in advance

I had similar issue after 2 days of service done. Exactly same problem. Got it checked from my garage and it says adblue pump fault. I still not contacted mercedes as i beleive it may be a big cost and i am not in position for repairs.

My tank was filled approx 20 litre, i tried later and filled 5 litres. The adblue measure started working but only for 5 minutes and same fault.

Are you out of warranty. It seems like many are having these issues at same time , what a conincidence.

Got my appointment moved forward to the 29th jan, will update with the outcome. Annoyingly when I phoned to confirm appointment, I was told do you know your car is out of warranty. I bought approved used to get the 1 year extended warranty. This applies from when car is bought, so for me turns out to only be a 4 month extension of warranty. quite misleading so hope they will cover it on good will. doubt it.

I added 10litres, no effect. tried giving it a run to see if level would kick in. Nothing, so just filled it to overflow to make sure its full. tried sitting with the ignition on letting it sit for 10mins. then starting it, still giving the message "adblue level not measurable". got the fear its the ultrasonic level sensor as i think its a full tank replacement is needed to repair that.

Got my appointment moved forward to the 29th jan, will update with the outcome. Annoyingly when I phoned to confirm appointment, I was told do you know your car is out of warranty. I bought approved used to get the 1 year extended warranty. This applies from when car is bought, so for me turns out to only be a 4 month extension of warranty. quite misleading so hope they will cover it on good will. doubt it.
I decided to take a shot and booked it for this coming friday. Fingers crossed. I will keep you updated.

Just got a call from merc service.

1. Nox sensor replaced under warranty.
2. Pump needs replacement total cost £1700 including vat and labor.

Any advise? Shall i go ahead with repairs or give a 3rd party repairs.

Thanks

Have you asked if MB will cover all or part of the cost of the pump replacement on goodwill?

I believe that in addition to a pump and tank there may also be a heater coil involved for cold weather and I suspect that any subzero overnight cold snap such as we have had recently may precipitate system failure if the system not in prime condition?

so for me turns out to only be a 4 month extension of warranty. quite misleading so hope they will cover it on good will. doubt it.
Sounds like an A..... C.... Warranty! Was it?

Just got a call from merc service.

1. Nox sensor replaced under warranty.
2. Pump needs replacement total cost £1700 including vat and labor.

Any advise? Shall i go ahead with repairs or give a 3rd party repairs.

Thanks
thanks for the update, poor that these are failing after 3 years. I find out my fate this week.
Can see adblue pumps on ebay for around £300, So guessing labour will be bulk of the costs. Chances are it will be cheaper at a 3rd party

I have emailed headoffice for goodwill as these guys are not helpfull. The car is fixed today and they asking labor, parts and diagnostic charges .
Do we still pay for diagnostic if we get this repaired?

Anyone ?

Keep us updated please.

Put my car in on Friday. My result from mercedes:
Diagnostic adblue level not reading. That's £170. Before we replace the tank, we want to check the wiring as it may save you. It will be an other 2 hours labour tho at £170ph. Mercedes won't help unless we know exactly what the fault is, also as its Friday afternoon we will probably get back to you on Monday.
Phone on Monday to be told, you need a new tank at a cost of £1875. Also Mercedes have had a look at your case and say you are 100% liable for costs.
I am currently dealing with mercedes customer services to see if I can improve the offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom