ADBLUE refill ( Service Contract )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Delboy0127

Car
MERCEDES S213 E CLASS E220 D PREMIUM AMG LINE ESTATE 2017
Hi
Just had my A service completed on service contract 3rd service.

I queried the amount of Adblue that had been put in for the service.

They then advised me and have now confirmed via email that 10 litres had been put this was the maximum amount they were allowed to put in via the contract by Mercedes.

Meaning Ad blue has been put in to cover just 3500 miles.

The service sheet was ticked as Ad Blue refilled it was clearly not refilled it was just top up.

Any comments.

Hi
Just had my A service completed on service contract 3rd service.

I queried the amount of Adblue that had been put in for the service.

They then advised me and have now confirmed via email that 10 litres had been put this was the maximum amount they were allowed to put in via the contract by Mercedes.

Meaning Ad blue has been put in to cover just 3500 miles.

The service sheet was ticked as Ad Blue refilled it was clearly not refilled it was just top up.

Any comments.

I know the Ad Blue Capacity of mine is 5 Gallons, so = 22.7 Litres so you have half full, I would question the Skimping on the refill, not sure where you get the 3500 Miles from? :rolleyes:

10 litres in mine would last at least 7000 miles.
The gauge is now showing 4800 miles it had 1300 miles left when the car went in for service. I have been advised 10 litres was put in only.

I know the Ad Blue Capacity of mine is 5 Gallons, so = 22.7 Litres so you have half full, I would question the Skimping on the refill, not sure where you get the 3500 Miles from? :rolleyes:
I am just going by what the Adblue gauge is telling me on the car.

I was under the impression that service contract or not , adblue top-up is chargeable ????? I know it's not included in a non service contract service.

I was under the impression that service contract or not , adblue top-up is chargeable ????? I know it's not included in a non service contract service.
That was my understanding too. I'm sure i've seen adding Adblue as chargeable during any service.

I have been advised by my Mercedes dealership via email that 10 litres of Adblue at £1.25 per litre is included in the service contract by Mercedes.

I’ve just had a A1service and 10ltrs was put in as part of the service contract. I now have 3/4 of a tank of Adblue.
I am confused as to what’s going on with the range I should get, when I bought the car with 3/4 of a tank I had about 14,000 miles range, it has the large capacity tank fitted 24.5ltr.
now after a service and a software update and 3/4 of a tank my display is showing only 4500 miles 😳 .
That doesn’t make sense to me,, any thoughts

I’ve just had a A1service and 10ltrs was put in as part of the service contract. I now have 3/4 of a tank of Adblue.
I am confused as to what’s going on with the range I should get, when I bought the car with 3/4 of a tank I had about 14,000 miles range, it has the large capacity tank fitted 24.5ltr.
now after a service and a software update and 3/4 of a tank my display is showing only 4500 miles 😳 .
That doesn’t make sense to me,, any thoughts
The adblue range is calculated like MPG range left figures, if you've just had a service and the mechanic took it out for a test drive, maybe he hammered it?
If you drive nice and slow for a few miles maybe the range will start to go up?

The adblue range is calculated like MPG range left figures, if you've just had a service and the mechanic took it out for a test drive, maybe he hammered it?
I
That is correct regarding fuel range, but with adblue lasting thousands of miles the correction it calculates would have to be over hundreds of miles not a 5 minute blast down a dual carriageway, I picked up the car showing 4500 miles left , I’ve driven it steady to work and back for over a week nearly 200 miles,
It’s still showing 4500 miles left 🤔

For what it’s worth, I was reading the terms and conditions of the service care plan contracts the other day, and it specifically states that Adblue would be topped up by a maximum of 10L.

Hope that helps clear any confusion!

I think I am beginning to understand the commercial logic behind defeat devices... it didn't occur to me that adding Urea injection also meant an increase of 20-25Kg in weight - that can't be good for the official CO2 figure.

At my last service my S205 had the engine software update. Prior to the service a full Adblue tank gave about 14,700 miles from memory. The emissions software update seems to make the car use more adblue as the full tank range showed as 4,700 after the service. My car was 3/4 full when it went in for service and was completely full after the service. I believe the service plan only gives 10l as a top up but 10l plastic bottles from Morrisons filling stations or EBay are in the region of £11 having to purchase a bottle to fill up is not going to break the bank. With my service sheet I got a leaflet warning about not running out of adblue.
The software update does make the car use more adblue as I can already see the remaining range dropping even after the low lockdown mileage. I was a little concerned that the engine software update would hit fuel economy, now on my second tank of fuel I can report that I am getting the same range per tank as pre update. Looks like I may have to purchase adblue between services but at about £11 per year I think I will cope.
Talking to one of my neighbours Who runs an Audi and a VW about my change in adblue range he said both his cars need frequent top ups and would never go between services.

My vehicle had it's first service in Dec 2019 & was still showing 75% Adblue left after 8,129 miles.
Now on 10,200 and showing 54% Adblue left. Does not seem to use much at all.
Clearly, not used at the same rate as previously as that would have been only 6% by my calculations.
Being retired I seldom am in that much of a rush to get anywhere but don't do that much motorway travel these days either.

G

My vehicle had it's first service in Dec 2019 & was still showing 75% Adblue left after 8,129 miles.
Now on 10,200 and showing 54% Adblue left. Does not seem to use much at all.
Clearly, not used at the same rate as previously as that would have been only 6% by my calculations.
Being retired I seldom am in that much of a rush to get anywhere but don't do that much motorway travel these days either.

G
I have calculated my car is doing 360 miles on 1 litre of Adblue, which means I am getting approx 9000 miles per tankful. That is inline with what I was told when I purchased the car. What the gripe is a service contract now states a maximum of 10 litres of Adblue can be put in without further charge, the service print out sheet that you are handed when your car is given back to you, clearly states the Adblue has been refilled ( Not topped up ) and the box ticked. Which clearly is not the case. My last Mercedes E 250d the Ad blue was refilled not topped up under my service contract , same dealership different operating company now. I have now added an extra 10 litres of Adblue myself the gauge is now showing maximum and full.

Last edited:
I declined a service plan on the "advice" of an MB sales exec!
The service plan is not the problem it is which dealership that does it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom