AdBlue topup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuGraves

Car
Mercedes Benz C300h
Hi,

Quick question, my AdBlue is due to run out in about 3900 miles, but my service is not due till Sept. Am I ok to buy AdBlue from somewhere like Halfords and top it up myself?

Cheers,

Stu

I tend to advise owners to keep it topped up.
Just put it in the right hole OK!
I have seen it in the engine--no good result from that!:eek: .
In the cooling system--that's like smelling salts , reminds me of my days playing rugby!

But I have yet to find it in the rear axle.

Just a note--If you do notice it being consumed more than it should its an indication that the Adblue system is re-genning itself more often than it should and problems are in the making!
All the best
Tuercas Viejas

Hi,

Quick question, my AdBlue is due to run out in about 3900 miles, but my service is not due till Sept. Am I ok to buy AdBlue from somewhere like Halfords and top it up myself?

Cheers,

Stu

Yes. Done it myself. Bought online as cheaper than Halfords. The warning light comes on with about 1000 miles to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My local MB Dealership topped mine up for £24...not worth the hassle of buying third party given that there are Health and Safety risks with Urea which is the main component of Ad-Blu.

Ernie

My local MB Dealership topped mine up for £24...not worth the hassle of buying third party given that there are Health and Safety risks with Urea which is the main component of Ad-Blu.

Ernie

Not sure what the 'risks' are? So long you buy the correct amount, open the bottle, pour in, job done. Most of the containers come with their own funnel so you don't spill the AdBlue. Really easy job TBH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The risks are minimal but just don't get it in your eyes !
Any split excess is best remedied by swilling the area off with a hosepipe.
Its after all 35% urea and the rest is pure water.

The risks for the car is buying stale Adblue and stuff that isn't the correct mixture percentage.
Hence only buy a fresh case or carbouy at a time. Don't store it!
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom