AdBlue Warning!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As far as I am aware adblue is only manufactured by a company called Yara in Holland, I last worked on their plant about 5 years ago so things might have changed, they used to call it ‘liquid gold,[emoji3]. It was discovered as a byproduct of their fertilizer or something like that. After 3 weeks on site the skin on my hands was like I’d been to beauty salon for treatment (even wearing gloves). If there was a spillage it did crystallize but the just washing away with water. Over 7 years ago they said they were working with manufacturers and one day it will be a service item on your car....yeh right[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have a vehicle with AddBlue but out of interest is there any feeling as to quality variation between brands/manufacturers?

There's an issue going on at the moment with Halfords AdBlue causing warning in Jags - Halfords say their AdBlue meets the required spec, but it throws up a warning in the car.

Missus has a VW Tiguan that uses it and I read comments on US forums (where some VWs have used AdBlue for several years) that VW will blame non-OEM AdBlue if the VW stuff isn't used. I haven't seen that here (yet) but for the amount it uses I put the VW stuff in and keep the receipts.

Silly questions, but as I will be on back from holiday tomorrow (1300 miles one way) and my service is overdue 2 days now, but booked for service next week friday.. What cars take adblue now? Certainly not all of them, right? I'm absolutely not aware of any adblue on my cls350 cdi car..

If you’ve got adblue there’s a second filler cap next to the diesel one it’s blue and says adblue on it funnily enough! They normally say you should be within 1000 miles of it being due either way when it comes to services.

If you’ve got adblue there’s a second filler cap next to the diesel one it’s blue and says adblue on it funnily enough! They normally say you should be within 1000 miles of it being due either way when it comes to services.

I believe early cars with ad blue had the filler under the floor in the boot.

I'm sure I wouldn't miss second cap next to the main one lol
I meant as @rf065 mentioned, maybe it is located somewhere else

Hello this is my first post!

I have been having a bit of nightmare with my car ever since it went into my local dealer for its first ever service.
First thing I noticed (only after getting home) is that I now get a parking sensor alarm every time I start the car - the system then switches itself off. But after a few minutes of driving all works fine. The senors also work fine, auto park etc once the alarm has cleared. I tried getting it booked back in straight away but it took 3 days of calling to get a new appointment. Next 2 days after the parking sensor 'fault' I now have an engine management amber warning lamp on all the time, and last night I now have an Adblue range warning. As the car has done less than 8k miles and they apparently topped up the Adblue at the service - makes me think these are all phantom faults and someone mucked up when resetting the service warning. Either way I am very disappointed with level of service I have had so far. I'll update how it goes tomorrow - hopefully its will be a 10 mins with someone tapping at a laptop.

I have never had a service before when a car goes in with zero faults and comes back with 3 (so far) - and for years I was an Alfa owner - when this kind of thing never happened.

Wont it be under warranty if its its first ever service?

Finally I got the car back with everything fixed - and under warranty. New parking senor wiring loom, and a new NOx sensor.
I am still no sure why these weren't spotted at the service - anyway hopefully next year will be better :)

Finally I got the car back with everything fixed - and under warranty. New parking senor wiring loom, and a new NOx sensor.
I am still no sure why these weren't spotted at the service - anyway hopefully next year will be better :)

Sods law states that faults will appear immediately after it has been driven away from the garage! Honestly its like a curse...

I once had a customer park outside and come in to book a service. Went back outside and his car wouldn't start - ignition switch had failed. I am not joking when I say he came storming back in the office, livid that it wouldn't start and I think he genuinely thought that one of the guys had quickly snuck outside and broken it while I was booking him in...The law of Sod is not one to be messed with!

Natacha

Given the cost of £11 for 10l I'd have tipped the lot in, assuming the tank holds that much.

I don't have a vehicle with AddBlue but out of interest is there any feeling as to quality variation between brands/manufacturers?

What is the AddBlue tank capacity on W212?

I work in HGV transport... all adblu is the same really...
As for price, all shops are rip offs. We buy it in at 23p plus vat per litre from the supplier!
:dk:

I have read about adblue on other websites and answers from other people and talk about blowing things up to much
My car has 25 litre tank of adblue and it lasts the next service schedule and the car is used for 50 miles a day each service is 15500 miles some say it adds to more expense but to be honest £25 for a years drive isn't that big of a deal.Morrisons have 10 lites for £11 so says their website.If you floor your car everywhere you will use more but I use sports mode and sports plus at times and the thing still lasts until my next service.

I have read about adblue on other websites and answers from other people and talk about blowing things up to much
My car has 25 litre tank of adblue and it lasts the next service schedule and the car is used for 50 miles a day each service is 15500 miles some say it adds to more expense but to be honest £25 for a years drive isn't that big of a deal.Morrisons have 10 lites for £11 so says their website.If you floor your car everywhere you will use more but I use sports mode and sports plus at times and the thing still lasts until my next service.

Agree... the actual cost is minimal when factored to the total cost of motoring.
We budget adblu at 1% of total fuel costs... that’s in merc artics pulling 44 tonne at 8mpg, 130,000 miles per year!!

Hi there I'm a newbie on here and just about to buy a 2007 CLS 320 cdi. I will be collecting it shortly with a 1000 ml. to get it home.

Could someone please tell me if my car uses this adblue stuff? If it does I need to ensure it has at least enough to get me home without incident.

Don't think 2007 Mercedes had the bluetec, adblue engine. Enjoy your new car and the trip home. Pretty sure it didn't come before 2010/11.

Thanks for that Peter. Counting the days now ........................................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom