Add 1 Liter Oil message?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psilonaught

Car
W212 E63
This Message just popped up.

Should I just take it to my local dealer tomorrow or take a trip to Halfords and do it myself??

What oil do I need, and is it literally a litre, and no more?

I assume this is normal??

Yes normal, just do it yourself. I put whatever grade was put in in the last service, so 5W 40 for me. The 5.5 biturbos use 1L per 800 miles (guide), some are better some worse.

Jules

It should be Mobil 1 if Mercedes did it, but easier to confirm with them as you say. Unlike the gentleman above (Hi Jules :)) mine always had 0W40 in it and used about 1 litre every 4000 miles.

I'd also be tempted to only put 1/2 litre in it as it's easier to put it in than take it out, and the computer has a habit of lying. ;)

I'd also be tempted to only put 1/2 litre in it as it's easier to put it in than take it out, and the computer has a habit of lying. ;)

I'd strongly recommend following the above advice, far too much damage can be wrought if overflled wth oil.

I'd also suggest rechecking the oil level before adding anything

Isn't this the error message that comes with the head bolt issue on the 6.2l cars?

I keep a litre of this in the boot just in case but nearly 5400 miles and so far so good (Service (Inc. oil change) at 7900 - current 13300 miles).

Castrol Edge Sport 0W40 Oil 1 Litre

So do I. You never know where you are likely to be if the message comes up. I'd echo the advice given re checking the oil level again before adding any and then only 0.5lt at a time.

In 17k miles travelled since owning the car I have used 0.5lt in total topping up.

There’s tolerance either way on max and min level, so unless the sensor is not functioning correctly then you are very unlikely to massively over full or run it too low. However, always best to be cautious, so when the warning sign shows, do a manual check of the level. For me it’s always been very accurate.

The M157 engines do drink oil, I think it mentions in the hand book that 1L per 800 Miles (could be a different number), is normal. As said some use more, some less. Read up on the US forums for some good info on this subject and best oil types to use.

i'll just ask the MB service team to do it for me, I know the master technician from my local MB dealership

Dude, just put a litre of oil in there as it said on the screen. Your oil weight and viscosity is listed in the manual. It’s that simple.

The dipstick shows oil is spot on. Definitely not adding anything until service have taken a look. Took me ages to find the sodding stick too grrr

turns out it needed 2 litres, so glad i took it to the dealer. Got my wipers replaced at the same time, and bought another 2 litres spare.

2 Liters is not good, I had similar in my ML63, its turns out the oil level sensor does not work, I will change it next oil service, £130 for the sender.

This Message just popped up.

Should I just take it to my local dealer tomorrow or take a trip to Halfords and do it myself??

What oil do I need, and is it literally a litre, and no more?

I assume this is normal??

Litre...in the UK at least.... ;)

At next refill.....

I had about 0.5 litre of the correct grade and it was enough.
Eurocarparts had the correct grade on one of the sales recently so bought 5 litres of that for £27 instead of £50 Halfords wanted...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom