Add 1 litre of oil at next refuel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HeyJoe55

Car
A250e Mercedes
After about 50 miles of driving my A250e on Battery Level Saving mode I get the message that I need to top up with 1 litre of oil. I checked the oil level, electronically as there is no dipstick on new models, and it shows that the level is perfect. Clearly this is a software problem, but very concerning as when there is a real problem it could easily be missed. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Welcome.

How long have you had the car? Might be as simple as a software update, but it will need to go back to the dealer for that. If it's less than 3 years old, then it will be covered under warranty. If older than 3 years but recently bought from a trader, then the trader should fix this.

Thanks Mark, car is less than a year old, and i'm in conversation with the dealer. Intermittent problems are always a pain :( - bit like going to the dentist, pain disappears as soon as you walk through the door :)

Take a pic/video on your phone and email to the Dealer. Helps them understand what is happening, and eliminates deniability😉 hth

Heavily discharged batteries can cause intermittent random faults. Have you tried conditioning the battery or going for a very long drive to put some charge in?

Heavily discharged batteries can cause intermittent random faults. Have you tried conditioning the battery or going for a very long drive to put some charge in?
Thanks Bobby. The problem only occurs on long drives , and I recharge the battery every night. A250e is a hybrid btw. Cheers

Interesting that not too many years ago, a pint was thought a lot to add, now we talk litres, thats a lot of oil loss :D

I think these systems are binary, and only display the '1L' message. Possibly also half L? But either way I've never heard of 'add 600cc' etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom