Add Heating Radiator in Garage / Any Plumbers offer Advice Please ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Magnaclean arrived from Amazon, will get it fitted whem its warm and dry enough yo get the little car out the garage.

My Magnaclean arrived from Amazon, will get it fitted whem its warm and dry enough yo get the little car out the garage.
I think we are going to need pics buddy :)

I'm just going to fit this myself.
Noticed it's just compression fittings and cutting a section out of the return pipe so noce easy job.

To keep the heating costs down, I've just taken it to the next level. I've ordered a new old stock Soviet Ushanka hat, 1980s vintage. I can get away with that sort of thing in my own home. It will be ear flaps down too! It's the mid-grey fur and grey tweed effect, rather than Cossack black bear fur effect.

If it's good enough for Siberian winters, it should be fine in my house 😄
I’m much more interested in a photo of @MrGreedy’s hat in-situ. 😁

Whilst we wait for pmcgsmurf's install pics, I can bore delight you with some relevant filter shots 😂

I had a new boiler installed right before Christmas (thank God I found someone with a slot at short notice, otherwise it would have been 11 days without heating or hot water).
The previous boiler was about 12 years old, but nearly all pipework and radiators in the house are less than 2 years old due to major rennovations.
During install, the plumber put in an Adey MagnaClean Atom filter, on the return 22mm pipework just before the boiler.

Following my earlier post about regularity of cleaning the filter, I'm currently in a weekly cleaning cycle. I'm shocked at how much crud is pulled out of the system every week after something like 6 filter cleans in a month!
All the metallic oxide particulate would be getting chewed up as it passed through the pump.

Filter casing removed with magnetic filter before cleaning earlier today.
You pull off the light grey plastic tube that covers the magnetic filter which removes 99% of the oxide crud and wash under the tap.
22.jpeg

Magnetic filter removed and washed under the tap and wiped clean before reinstalling
11.jpeg

Whilst we wait for pmcgsmurf's install pics, I can bore delight you with some relevant filter shots 😂

I had a new boiler installed right before Christmas (thank God I found someone with a slot at short notice, otherwise it would have been 11 days without heating or hot water).
The previous boiler was about 12 years old, but nearly all pipework and radiators in the house are less than 2 years old due to major rennovations.
During install, the plumber put in an Adey MagnaClean Atom filter, on the return 22mm pipework just before the boiler.

Following my earlier post about regularity of cleaning the filter, I'm currently in a weekly cleaning cycle. I'm shocked at how much crud is pulled out of the system every week after something like 6 filter cleans in a month!
All the metallic oxide particulate would be getting chewed up as it passed through the pump.

You pull off the light grey plastic tube that covers the magnetic filter which removes 99% of the oxide crud and wash under the tap.
View attachment 108162

Magnetic filter removed and washed under the tap and wiped clean before reinstalling
View attachment 108161
They are some large pieces , do you have old rads ?

View attachment 108162

View attachment 108161
What about ya hat? 😟

😁

Not had a lot of time so not fitted the Magnaclean yet or the radiator.

I've still not put the E55 or Imp back together so things ahead on the "list".

Boiler packed in couple of weeks ago, usual build up of pressure due to clogging then venting out overflow.

Could hear a drip sound from top of boiler (expansion vessel/heat exchanger).
Advised British Gas "engineer" who filled system, inflated vessel then sat outside in his van for 45 minutes.

Pressure lasted till next morning about a week ago!

Another engineer out today, explained same to him, he filled it removed cover then said, vessel is leaking!

Think some of these gas folks don't bother looking to do a job correct.

Think “some” of these gas folks don't bother looking to do a job correct.
Most!

Pay me £100 an hour then get stuffed losers!

Is the basic attitude I’ve found

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom