Addign amp to Comand NTG 2 - where to tap high level outputs>

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seymansey

Car
2006 CLK 320cdi Avantgarde
Hi,

I have a COMAND NTG 2 in my 2006 CLK, and I'm looking to do an audio upgrade. I've got some Morel Maximos on order (for the front set of of speakers) and have a lot of dynamat from an install i've carried out in my MX5. Haven't decided on the second set of speakers yet, whether to add a second set of maximos or something else.

I'm looking to keep everything looking OEM, and have read on here about the PBR300x4 amp which accepts high level inputs.

What i'm looking for is what you guys do to tap the speaker outputs - are they taken from the block connector at the back of the COMAND unit, or do you remove the speaker wires from the doors, put them into the amp, and run new cable to the doors?

Thanks for any advice!

You can go from the head unit in and out back to the speakers, just cut and solder all the wires and put long tails on them to the amp.

Hi,

I have a COMAND NTG 2 in my 2006 CLK, and I'm looking to do an audio upgrade. I've got some Morel Maximos on order (for the front set of of speakers) and have a lot of dynamat from an install i've carried out in my MX5. Haven't decided on the second set of speakers yet, whether to add a second set of maximos or something else.

I'm looking to keep everything looking OEM, and have read on here about the PBR300x4 amp which accepts high level inputs.

What i'm looking for is what you guys do to tap the speaker outputs - are they taken from the block connector at the back of the COMAND unit, or do you remove the speaker wires from the doors, put them into the amp, and run new cable to the doors?

Thanks for any advice!

This all depends on what Maximos you ar putting in.

If its components then you will need to wire in the crossovers. This is best done down near the door hinges. The amp can go almost anywhere but its best to do it from the four pairs at the rear of the hed unit.

If its coaxials then simply swap the existing speakers with the new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom