Adding a Salvaged Spare Wheel to a C207 (E-Class Coupé) ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Uky

Car
C238 AMG
My C207 (M/Y 2009) came with an empty space in the rear boot where the spare wheel is supposed to be. I can see that the mechanics are all there. There is some sort of provision for a spare wheel. The space seems adequate. On the bottom there is space for some sort of screw/nut.

This is normally an Option 690 that as far as I have under stood is ordered from factory. On most modern series like W213, a spare wheel option has to be ordered as there is no space/possibility to add this afterwards. My C207 on the other hand seems to have the possibility to have this added afterwards.

Anyone that knows?

C207 (E-class coupé) had a space saver spare wheelas standard - well, that model year did, not sure about the very last ones. 17" from memory.

Reactions: Uky
17 inch . 135 80 17 tyre. A2074000102

Et 19.5

Reactions: Uky
Thanks!

The spare wheel well in the boot of my W204 can actually take a full-size spare, and this is what I did.

Your C207 is based on the W204 (not W213), so your spare wheel well might also accommodate a full size spare - if that's of interest.

The spare wheel well in the boot of my W204 can actually take a full-size spare, and this is what I did.

Your C207 is based on the W204 (not W213), so your spare wheel well might also accommodate a full size spare - if that's of interest.

The boot liner from my 2015 w204 didn't fit my 2017 c207 , way too big . So its different definitely. Nowt to say a wheel won't fit the hole though....

The boot liner from my 2015 w204 didn't fit my 2017 c207 , way too big . So its different definitely. Nowt to say a wheel won't fit the hole though....

So it seems that there are quite a few differences between your C204 Coupe and the C207 Coupe, on spite of both being based on the W204 Saloon.

Would've thought it would have to be a space saver given different tyre sizes at the front and rear? Happy to be corrected though.

Would've thought it would have to be a space saver given different tyre sizes at the front and rear? Happy to be corrected though.
Is it not illegal to have 2 different tyre sizes on the same axle. The space saver is sized to keep the rolling radius correct.

Reactions: McT
If you want to see if a full size fits, just jack it up and try one of your rims :cool:

Thanks OFTR. Every day is a learning day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom