Adding Active Sub to 2006 CLK - Need help on tapping remote on for amp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seymansey

Car
2006 CLK 320cdi Avantgarde
As per title really.

I've wired in an active compact sub for my CLK, this is to be used in conjuction with the COMAND APS that i've added to the car.

I'm having trouble sourcing a switched 12v live (or 'remote' as it says on the amp) so it can turn on when the COMAND does.

I've looked at a few pinouts for COMAND, but don't seem to have much joy - where do you guys get the switched live from? Can COMAND support this, or do I have to tap off the live for the cigarette lighter?

Thanks!

As you've realised you want the output that drives the antenna amplifiers from the COMAND, that way it will work with the ignition off when you turn on the COMAND.

Its one of the wires in the centre 8 section of the Quadlock on the back of the comand. From memory its one of the two at the edge of the connector block. Use a test light to be sure !

Richard

Thanks Richard, I'll look for that. I had seen some discussion about the antenna feed, but wasn't sure it it was switched.

For the benefit of the googlers, I've added in all of the wiring to the car using a quadlock a tension loom, so no ugly hacking up of the vehicle loom.

Thanks very much.

If you get stuck, you could take it from the cig lighter or similar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom