Adding android auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeeCP

Car
E class
My 2016 A207 has apple car play installed, which confused my local dealer who didn't believe it was available on that year models. But it does not have android auto. The car is shown on the MB database as having car play installed as supplied. The dealer has said its not possible to add android auto, which tbh, I find hard to believe.
Has anyone else had the legit MB android auto installed on a 2016 E class cabrio?

Contact [email protected] with your VIN, they'll be able to tell you what are your options and what are the costs.

(Either that, or get rid of the Android and buy an iPhone instead....)

I recently bought a Mercedes Wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto Interface unit on eBay for my 2016 S500 Coupe - primarily because Waze is my navigation app of choice (I'm an android user). Got it fitted by some experienced guys who'd installed several of these units. I am so thrilled with the result. Yes, there are some "workarounds" but nothing that really impacts me (e.g., when parking front on I like to switch on the cameras manually to see how close I am, and that now entails pressing the "back" button on the centre console for a second). I'd highly recommend it for anyone with an earlier COMAND system without CarPlay.

I recently bought a Mercedes Wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto Interface unit on eBay for my 2016 S500 Coupe - primarily because Waze is my navigation app of choice (I'm an android user). Got it fitted by some experienced guys who'd installed several of these units. I am so thrilled with the result. Yes, there are some "workarounds" but nothing that really impacts me (e.g., when parking front on I like to switch on the cameras manually to see how close I am, and that now entails pressing the "back" button on the centre console for a second). I'd highly recommend it for anyone with an earlier COMAND system without CarPlay.
The OP has factory CarPlay so its quite straightforward to add Android auto without the need for any aftermarket box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom