Adding factory DAB and Rear Camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigMark

Car
E350 CDI Blueefficiency Sport Coupe - 2009
I’ve just bought a 2009 E350 CDI Blueefficiency Sport Coupe which has Command AV system NTG4.0, but doesn’t have Rear camera or DAB, both of which I'd like to add.

So I’m wondering how hard/costly would these 2 be to install?

Would it just be a case of purchasing a used OEM rear camera for a C207 from eBay and enabling the camera within NTG4.0? i.e. will all the necessary wiring etc already be in situ in the car?

And the same for DAB, is it just a case of buying the relevant module (and antenna maybe) or is it far more complex?

Have a word with the most experienced guys in the business -

Highly recommended :thumb:

Thanks. I've just dropped them an email, so will see what they come back with.

Got a reply.
For DAB:​
Full factory using Mercedes parts throughout : £1450​
In2digi tuner in place of factory tuner : £999​
In2digi tuner using thin film antenna: £699​
For rear camera:​
We can supply and fit a fully integrated reverse camera for you for £799 inc.​

Not worth spending that much considering how much I paid for the car. So my plan is to buy an In2digi tuner at some point and fit it myself and I've found out how to fit a generic reverse camera that will cost me less than 1/10th of the quoted camera price.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Indeed. The Comand guys have forgotten more than most of us will ever know, but they use genuine parts and have to make a living out of it so the cost for an older car usually rules them out. As you've found, for a reversing camera there are plenty of cheap options and for DAB it depends on how integrated you want it to be.

You might want to investigate those Android 10.25 inch screens that seemed to generate plenty of interest a while ago (Android 10.25 Screen Upgrade. | Electronics and Audio): they modernise the interior a bit and add lots of functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom