Addison Lee E- and S-Classes for sale.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

christopherwk

Car
2016 E220d SE Cavansite Blue/Macchiato Beige
Not on eBay, but from here - www.addleecarsales.com

For those who are unaware or don't live in London, Addison Lee are the UK's largest minicab company, and their black Ford Galaxys (the world's largest buyer), of which there are about 1,500 :eek: of them, are a common sight on London's roads.

They also have Mercedes E and S Classes up for sale on their site (which changes all the time, so the one S-Class on there might have been sold).

Their S320 CDi L for sale for £23,000 interests me slightly. Is it good value at 78,000 miles? I'm concerned that it's quite low mileage for 3 years old, and this obviously suggests it has been stuck in central London for most of it's life. Addison Lee Car Sales > Browse Cars

I know it's most likely to have have been mechanically well looked after, but three years of heavy London traffic? The carpets also look slightly grubby though, and the first interior shot which is out of focus doesn't help, despite the car should be cleaned regularly given its' use.

The optional rear DVD looks good though.

£23k, what do you think? Good value, would you buy it?

(Their E-Classes don't interest me as much - basic Executive spec, but let me know what you think of these too!)

^ wot he said

Still a lot of car for the money - good hoover and a new set of mats ;)

Aye, and its a LWB.

Chris, no doubt it will be a "working" car for you.

Are you looking to move into a more chauffeur type market, or still private hire? It may well be ideal for executive work.

£23k, make the price £3k lower.

lovely big car and probably being their flag ship car, just less used full stop

Its worked hard... short journeys, engine running all day at idle, glazed bores.... id give it a miss.

Setting aside jaymanek (correct) point for a minute -

this one:

UK's cheapest used Mercedes S320 3.0 CDi Saloon Diesel at cargiant.

Is almost the same price. OK it does not have the rear DVD screens and is is not lwb, but it has much lower mileage which compensates.

So I think that an ex-minicab should cost less that a genuine car from a dealer - albeit a car supermarket - as other said.

There's one on Autotrader for 20k - everything pretty much exactly the same, but it's silver in color and has AMG alloys.

I would give it a miss definitely.
Look at the interior, apart from the rear screens(and cheap to order dark burr walnut wood trim) everything else is basic, not even memories for the front seats.
Ultra ugly bog standard steel wheels prone to rust, and most importantly it wasn't a car owned by a single careful chauffeur owner but trashed by every Tom **** and Harry employed by Addison Lee.
I am in the business and have on numerous occassions come accross their "chauffeurs", the state of their cars is appaling, I wouldn't hire them to drive potatoes, never mind top end clients. Just look at the interior of that car-speaks volumes...

It is your call of course, but have a browse on auto trader's website, there are some ok cars in there. The thing to be careful about is there is a word on the street that some of them might be clocked.

Just my tuppence worth :)

Good luck in your search!

Thanks everyone for their replies. I've no intention of getting an S-Class, not in the meantime at least, since it's only a few months since I got my E-Class!

I'm just wondering what people think.

I think driving an S-Class around London would be too big and wieldy, insurance would be higher (I'm in my mid-20s!), I think (not sure, as I haven't driven an S) my E would be more fun to drive - same engine in a lighter, smaller body

Also it's going to be a pain parking in some of the airport car parks, especially the older ones (Heathrow Terminal 1 and Gatwick North, you really have to think about going round and up and down the ramps to ensure you don't hit the high kerbs/pillars/bollards - even in my E).

No comments on the E220 CDi Executives they've got on sale? Can't say the spec is desirable, and probably has had the same hard life as the S-Class - Addison Lee Car Sales > Browse Cars

The E220cd's are basic and not that nice...

That autoquake S class, Hmmmmmm. Nice

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom