Additional JL Subwoofer Custom Install + JL Amp + JL Tweeters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A1EK

Car
Mercedes SL 3.7L AMG Speedshift - (Past: CLK 230, 190E, W201, W203)
img_20210514_144324_edit_8880959e77fafcfbcd2292f77bfe8f5b9df21f69.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

With the limited space in the Mercedes R230 SL I show you how you can keep the maximum space but still add huge bass to your car with the huge 13" JL 13TW 5.3 Shallow mount sub. I explain how the sub produces different bass in different parts of the car and my preference on where best to place it. The video shows how to make the perfect size box of 0.8ft³ or 22L that is needed for the huge JL 13TW 5.3 Shallow mount subwoofer, fully carpeted and installed. I also show how to connect to the existing wiring for the sub and where to mount the amplifier. Lastly a quick look at some JL Tweeters I installed too to lift the treble in the front and how to connect them. Items in video: 13" JL 13TW 5.3 Shallow mount sub. Custom home made sub box: 0.8ft³ 15mm MDF wood, PVA Glue and wood screws (pre-drill holes).

Subwoofer Box:
Front face 635mm x 365mm chamfered corners 130mm sides (100mm if assembly inside front and back face)
Subwoofer speaker box grey felt cloth + spray adhesive.

JL tweeters C1-075CT - C1 0.75" Component Tweeter Pair with Crossovers 150W.
JL Audio RBC-1 Remote Control Bass Level Controller for JL Slash v2 Series Amps.
JL Audio JX1000.1 D JL Audio JX1000/1 Class D 1000W Monoblock Car Amp Amplifier.

AMG Speedshift Auto, Eibach Pro Springs, Custom Quad exhaust, removed intermediate baffles and electric cut outs, ECU #1 mapped, Sprint Booster, 19" Staggered Alloys, Front Lip, Rear Spoiler, Black Grille & Badges, Tints, Custom Subwoofer rear box, Xenon's, Modified Comand unit with Bluetooth A2DP music, Aux, DAB. Mercedes phone.

Cracking work 👍

I thought nothing of doing custom installs myself 30 years ago and enjoyed doing it. The thing that puts me off these days is that I find it difficult removing the trim panels on modern cars. 😞

Last edited:
A bag full of spare clips helps!
Cracking work 👍

I thought nothing of doing custom installs myself 30 years ago and enjoyed doing it. The thing that puts me off these days is that I find it difficult removing the trim panels on modern cars. 😞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom