adharaz 17" question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sal1m

w203 c220 cdi 2001
if i went for 7.5j all round would the tyre size still be 225/45/17 at the rear like the front.? thanks

w203 c220 cdi 2001
if i went for 7.5j all round would the tyre size still be 225/45/17 at the rear like the front.? thanks

Yes I imagine so. Can't see any reason why not. Why don't you want to keep them staggered with the wider rears?

w203 c220 cdi 2001

Yes it would, but just my opinion, it wont look very good as the rears will sit inside the arches....I think you will regret not waiting for the correct rears to become available.....

You could allays sell them, and get the wider ones
In fact look on the wanted section now 2 are required

the advert is my own!
Although i agree with what u say about waiting for the wider rears.
In the wet yesterday i was losing the back end on my 16's.

the advert is my own!
Although i agree with what u say about waiting for the wider rears.
In the wet yesterday i was losing the back end on my 16's.

May well be more a problem of your tyres than the size of wheels....

Im about to sell my 17 inch alloys from my C270 2005 facelift model, with wider rears. Not sure what alloys they are though as they are not adharaz although my car is a sport pack facelift model and they are the same sizes as adharaz with 225 front and 245 rear.....Tyres are at least 50% remaining and all michelin too......They could do with refurb ideally though as the paint seems to have bubbled a bit on a couple of them, maybe three of them, perfectly fine to use but to be perfect like new they need to be painted again.....

Well as horsesuitedfool has plugged his wheels, if you're looking to upgrade, I've got a set of AMG Styling III's in the correct staggered setup for the W203 in the classifieds too right now :D

They're without tyres and ideally need a full refurb but for the price they could make a great buy.

Well as horsesuitedfool has plugged his wheels, if you're looking to upgrade, I've got a set of AMG Styling III's in the correct staggered setup for the W203 in the classifieds too right now :D

They're without tyres and ideally need a full refurb but for the price they could make a great buy.

I was thinking of changing to your AMG III alloys but yours are too much for me as i bought a set of those almost as new before for £400 without tyres...on fleabay though....:thumb:

I was thinking of changing to your AMG III alloys but yours are too much for me as i bought a set of those almost as new before for £400 without tyres...on fleabay though....:thumb:

Not bad for £400, where they 18's and did you sell them on (it sounds like you haven't got them anymore)???

Not bad for £400, where they 18's and did you sell them on (it sounds like you haven't got them anymore)???

Yes they were 18 inch mint but no tyres...I used to have a 52 plate W203 and i had them on that until i sold it with the wheels on it. Then i defected to Audi and now came back to another W203 so back to modding it all over again :D:wallbash:

Not sure what alloys they are though as they are not adharaz although my car is a sport pack facelift model and they are the same sizes as adharaz with 225 front and 245 rear.....

I suspect your wheels may be called Hoedus, are they're a six spoke wheel?:

Front alloy wheels: 17x7.5" ET36
Wheel part number: A2034013402

Rear alloy wheels: 17x8.5" ET34
Wheel part number: A2034023602

I suspect your wheels may be called Hoedus, are they're a six spoke wheel?:

Front alloy wheels: 17x7.5" ET36
Wheel part number: A2034013402

Rear alloy wheels: 17x8.5" ET34
Wheel part number: A2034023602

No they are a five spoke wheel with spoke that kind of start thinner at the hub and then widen slightly as they go out towards the rim. I seen them on a website with all other benz wheels named etc and they just say 17 inch alloy wheel!! They are some kind of option i guess on sport but must be no cost option as they same sizes as the adharaz....

Yes they were 18 inch mint but no tyres...I used to have a 52 plate W203 and i had them on that until i sold it with the wheels on it. Then i defected to Audi and now came back to another W203 so back to modding it all over again :D:wallbash:

Sounds like you got a really good buy back then :D.

I sold a set of exactly the same type with 2 just legal tyres and 2 tyres at 4mm for about £900 a few years ago.

Mint rims only I believe should be circa £700. With tyres varies depending on how good the tyres are but you see them often for circa £1k. I guess people are wary about used tyres?

Buying new mint wheels of this type without tyres from Alloywheels direct would be about £1400, from Merc I'm guessing £1800 ish?

Sorry - thread hijack over...

Will the bolts currently holding my 16" avantgard alloys be sufficient for the Adharaz alloys or will they need to be changed?

Will the bolts currently holding my 16" avantgard alloys be sufficient for the Adharaz alloys or will they need to be changed?

Mercedes original alloy wheel bolts would be fine. By the way are your wheel bolts rusty? They usually rust badly!

By the way if you have a normal steel spare wheel you need to use different bolts for those as the bolts for steel wheels are typically shorter. You should find a plastic container with the shorter bolts fitted to your steel spare.

i dont know how rusty the bolts are,I will check for that and the container for spare bolts .Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom