Adjustable Lowering Links

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmymidnight

Car
W221 S350L
Hello,

I had a set of those lowering links for my CL500 delivered today - I plan on getting them fitted over at my mates garage tonight but before I get it all done, has anyone on here used them before and are there anythings i need to look out for?

Many thanks!

Hello,

I had a set of those lowering links for my CL500 delivered today - I plan on getting them fitted over at my mates garage tonight but before I get it all done, has anyone on here used them before and are there anythings i need to look out for?

Many thanks!

Sorry but what do you mean by adjustable lowering links? Are you talking of adjustable camber links?

Take a look on MBWorld.org - loads of info, not one bad bit of feedback on them!! About to order a set for my R230!!

I watched them being fitted to my E55 at a friends garage and took about an hour - the rear one is the tricky one on the E from memory as its in the centre above the exhaust etc. My car was an 04 and therefore there was a bot of surface rust etc and so some wd40 may be needed. They are a ball jointed affair if I recall.

Be prepared to trial and error on the amount lowered. and that means drop the car, drive it around to settle then see where its stance is.

Take before and after shots !

Keep the old links for the next owner and some dont like cars modified.

Marc

Thanks guys, fitted them last night at my mates garage in about an hour but then spent about 2 hours playing about with the height etc... its still not at the height i want, but im going to roll with it how it is for a while and then i'll tweak it again when ive sorted out new wheels.

We first dropped it all the way and it was super low at the front, srubbing on full lock-low and the car seemed to struggle to raise up so we altered that quite a bit to get it higher but now i think it's probably too high again haha!

I'll put up some pics when I can get out of the office to show the difference!

But yeah, so far, i can't fault these - so easy to install and seem to have a great effect on the car for a tiny amount compared to other suspension set ups!

You need to be a bit careful if the suspension drops automatically above a certain speed ... about 70 mph on my R129 (ADS) iirc.

Indeed as above, on m y R230 sl500 at 55mph it drops an inch. It will flash up on the dash though 'ABC - Car too low'......

here we go, a cheeky few daytime shots:

When i picked it up last month at it's lowest setting:

DSC02183.jpg

How it is now:

e2abcbb0.jpg

481ad34d.jpg

7b9fcb72.jpg

The back is just about there but cold with a tiny bit more, but the front could do with another half inch i reckon!

very nice can I ask where you got them from?

So are the standard links on these cars fixed? The ones on my R129 are adjustable - two overlapping pieces with a clamp bolt. I slightly lowered the front - it had been a little nose-high since I got it. Trickiest bit was figuring out whether to shorten or lengthen the link!

very nice can I ask where you got them from?

I bought them from these guys: Lower my air ride Site index

really good clear instructions, and it took 2 days from me ordering them to them being on the car!

So are the standard links on these cars fixed? The ones on my R129 are adjustable - two overlapping pieces with a clamp bolt. I slightly lowered the front - it had been a little nose-high since I got it. Trickiest bit was figuring out whether to shorten or lengthen the link!

The links on mine weren't adjustable, just straight fixed rods - if yours is the same as mine, your lengthen the front to lower and shorten the rears...

Looks superb mate :D, much cheaper than most other cars lowering / coilovers etc!!!! Does it effect the shockers life or makes no different?

remember to get the the tracking done!

ive lowered mine using STAR and its at a good height, but it does vary from day to day as it adjusts alot depending on ground level, speed etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom