Adjusting front headlights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E63s s213 2019, E55 2004 Silver-SOLD, E63 w212 Weistec AMG-SOLD, E55 2004-SOLD, C36 1997-SOLD
Guys,

after having my MOT done a few months back, i noticed he fiddled around with my headlight, now whenever i drive i get people flashing at me!

ive tried using the adjuster on number 3 which helps a little, but it still looks too high! what do i do to adjust them lower? is there a screw of something? i will do it so it looks good for the time being and get it sorted when i have more time!

cheers

I presume you don't have Xenons...

There should be adjuster screws located in the engine bay behind the headlight housings. If you park up a few feet away from a wall with the headlights on, then you can point the beams back down again by turning the adjuster screws. Should be in the car manual/handbook if you have this.

Alternatively, take the car back to the MOT testing station and get them to re-aim the headlights (for free I hasten to add).

S.

one (plastic) screw for UP DOWN
and another for LEFT and RIGHT aim.

as Steve says behind the headlight!

HTH.

Sorry,

Good point K. I should have mentioned there were a total of 4 adjuster screws, 2 for each headlight housing.

From memory the Up/Down adjuster screw is easier to access than the left/right screw if that makes sense. Mine are black plastic dunno about others though.

S.

Attachments

• dsc02289.jpg
    dsc02289.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 92

Attachments

• dsc02290.jpg
    dsc02290.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 87

Attachments

• dsc02291.jpg
    dsc02291.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 82
Those Xenons ? or are they pre-facelift halogen housings?

The backs of my headlights have two separate circular black sealing caps... one big one for side/dipped/fog and a little cap for main-beam.

S.

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
Those Xenons ? or are they pre-facelift halogen housings?

S.

pre-facelift halogen housings

thanks Koolvin, i will check them out, i havent forgotthe camber things, i just havent been home since, will be home on thursdya so will check for you then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom