Adjusting front lights from RHD to LHD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robbie74

Car
2010 e350 c207
New 2010 e350 owner Having just bought the car from uk & drove it back to spain i wish to put the car onto spanish plates .
I need to adjust the headlight for european driving , i have done the adjustment via on board computer but i think that just dips the beam, is there a way to convert them for european roads ?

TIA

ROb

I thought the computer changed the direction as well? Mine has Xenons and when i changed it once in front of the garage before going to France i'm sure i saw that the lights moved laterally as well?

I thought the computer changed the direction as well? Mine has Xenons and when i changed it once in front of the garage before going to France i'm sure i saw that the lights moved laterally as well?
ill check it again but i only noticed it go down not across . thanks bud

Pretty sure one has to change the complete headlamp unit to comply with the Spanish test. Also as mentioned above you'll have to change the rear fog lamp to the other side.

Pretty sure one has to change the complete headlamp unit to comply with the Spanish test. Also as mentioned above you'll have to change the rear fog lamp to the other side.
do you think there is an adjustment arm in the light assembly? other cars i have had have had this .

Even if there is it will only flatten the beam not correct it.
This website explains a lot and also says UK cars will have to change their headlamps.

Are you going to have to pay the 12% (on equivalent Spanish car price) matriculation tax?

Last edited:
Even if there is it will only flatten the beam not correct it.
This website explains a lot and also says UK cars will have to change their headlamps.

Are you going to have to pay the 12% (on equivalent Spanish car price) matriculation tax?
yea , its about 900euro all in atm without headlights

Curious as to why you bought in the UK and not from EU, there must have been used stock available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom