Adjusting Headlights on S500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

db1

Hi,

Does anyone know what is involved in adjusting the headlights of a RHD S500 (W220) for us in Europe. Is this something that can be done easily or does one have to resort to stickers??

thanks

DB1

If they are the Xenon's I am sure they can be adjusted. I read somewhere that Brian knew how to adjust them on his new E class. Maybe he can help.

If they are Xenons I can help.

Switch OFF engine and Lights, as they are high voltage. Remove cover from Xenon which screws on, reach inside and on the Inner side of the bulb you will find a lever , feels a bit springy, push lever down and thats it. Do the same the other side.

As posted before it gives a flat beam not an angled one on the kerb side.

Cheers:D :D

Its in the owners manual for the E class, that you move a switch behind the lights.

Click Here to read the on-line manual then select 'Driving Abroad' to open the PDF file

According to the manual there is a switch on the back of the lights to switch the headlights to symmetrical dipped beam (rather than asymmetrical).

There is a warning at the bottom saying to always have work on xenon headlamps carried out at a qualified workshop but it doesn't make it clear whether you can switch them yourself.

Koolvin: Not sure at the moment if I can make it at all - just been told I need to make a business trip early next week!

All: I just looked in the manual now that I am home and it says that you should use pre-approved Mercedes masking tape to "adjust" the lights. Does anyone have experience of this. It says that other tape can damage the protective surface of the lights.

DB1

Originally posted by RichardM
Its in the owners manual for the E class, that you move a switch behind the lights.

Click Here to read the on-line manual then select 'Driving Abroad' to open the PDF file

According to the manual there is a switch on the back of the lights to switch the headlights to symmetrical dipped beam (rather than asymmetrical).

There is a warning at the bottom saying to always have work on xenon headlamps carried out at a qualified workshop but it doesn't make it clear whether you can switch them yourself.

mate: do you know if they have a similar on-line manual for a clk?. cheers.

No, as far as I am aware they only did it for the new E class W211.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom