Adjusting Windscreen Washer Nozzle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulPJ

Car
C220 CDi
Hi All, I need to adjust the direction of the jet of water on the centre nozzle of my 2007 C180K. I looked on YouTube but they don't show my type, mine have vertical slots and I cant see how you can alter the direction. Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can do the same to my screen washer nozzle. Thanks Paul

I have just found a YouTube vid which features that tool but my washer jets/nozzle don't look like them. Mine and oblong in shape. Paul

Are there not two slots in each nozzle?

Hi No, theres only one slot in the middle. I will try and attached a picture

Attachments

• Nozzle.JPG
    Nozzle.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 40
This image shows the 'tabs' are different sizes, so guessing it fits other models as well

203173778-w470-h353.jpg

Search here and t'other side (MBOA) for screen wash jet adjustment W204, I'm sure there's been a decent thread about this.

Cheers, I will have a look. Paul
Hi, I have the same issue with the same type of nozzle where the jet stream is too low on drivers side, the adjustment tool everyone reccomends is not suitable fot this type of nozzle, did you mange to adjust the nozzle ? if so, how ?

In the end I just stuck a small watchmakers screwdriver in and gave it a wiggle and it seemed to be fine after that. I hope that helps, Paul

I have the saame type of nozzle on my S204, bought a chinese version of that tool off eBay cheap, no good, but then found there's a small screw adjuster on the nozzle, not sure if you have to remove the cover (it unclips) to get at it, that moves the jet up and down.

Be careful - if you muller the nozzle you can't buy just a replacement nozzle from MB, it's the full bifta back to the pump, costs about £75. I managed to get a second hand set from Welcome to Prestige Allparts and was then able to find how to remove a jet from the pipe (basically BF&BI!!) so I now have spares of the outer jets if you get stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom