"Admin fee on all transactions"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would argue that the the cost of the clever-coffee-machine-and-cake-selection at a main dealer as proportion of their revenue, is probably less that the cost of the kettle-tea-and-biscuit a small garage will have, again as proportion of revenue...... so the main dealer may actually be spending less on you, in relative terms.

It's the sweetie thing that I find most odd. I just don't get it.

I wouldn't want a coffee. I once had one at MB Macclesfield and it had gone rusty before I'd finished drinking it.
I'm actually more of an ATF man, myself.

It's as though they think people would be drawn in by the chance of a free coffee, or even bring their children along for the free sweets whilst Mum/Dad splurge on a motor.

I'm not saying it's wrong to have refreshments in a showroom, and these days I think most people would assume they can have a slurp whilst there, it's just the point of some showrooms publicising that they have such facilities that I don't quite understand.
I don't know, perhaps they are aiming at people with a different view on things to me?
Apparently though its a requirement (according to experts) in the new retail arena to "add on" extra "experiences" to attract customers - all bullshit of course, but clearly some consumers fall for it. Mercedes Manchester are moving to the south of the city to a new location which is apparently going to cost £60m. Owned by your friendly Chinese parent company they are intending to add on all sorts of stuff to attract the punters.

Yeah, get 'em pi$$ed and they'll all swallow the admin fee. No worries...

The three-pointed star is mahoosive!

LINK.

I put this practice in the same class as Autrader ads which list a car at a headline price then in the description say "actual price is £xxxx", where £xxxx is considerably greater than headline.

Both are sharp, shoddy practices and immediately indicate to me that the dealer is one to avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom