Administration Fees on used car sales. What are your thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve never worried about how someone structures the price, all I care about is how much it works out overall and how that compares to alternatives.

It’s all down to psychology - people blindly order stuff from Euro Car Parts at the sniff of a 50% discount without seeing how that compares to elsewhere.

DFS sofa sale?

Car related, some people get fixated on getting a certain amount of discount when they are looking to buy used. I just work out if it’s a good buy or not. Last two cars I bought I thought were relative bargains and I negotiated a token amount off each one but felt that the price was competitive and the cars were excellent examples for the price.

In other words, I can understand the frustration about the pricing structure but wouldn’t walk away from a car due to it - just factor it in to the cost and make the right decision :)

When I was Fleet Disposals Manager with a major Vehicle Contract Hire company traders used to come in and want to pay cash. I used to refuse it telling them that you have got to count it, I have got to count it, our Accountant has got to count it and then the bank is going charge us to count it, so no thanks. Bankers draft only or if it is a cheque you are going to have to wait three days. :rolleyes:
Hi , cheques can take up to 10 days to clear !

Hi , cheques can take up to 10 days to clear !

We used to special them, we didn't want to keep them hanging around too long otherwise they wouldn't come back. It was a rare occasion anyway, they presented Drafts most of the time. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom