Admiral and tuning box/remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baxlin

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skoda Octavia and JZR 3 wheeler
Anyone any experience with Admiral's treatment of remap/tuning boxes? I'm considering most likely a tuning box for one of our cars on a Multicar policy, but I'm relatively new to Admiral.

Thanks

I had my previous car insured with them which was remapped (with a few other mods) so I can't envisage you having any issues.

Insurance didn't changed for me either...

Our QQ is with them and has a Bluefin remap on it
I think £20 increase as it is under 20% BHP increase (even though torque is more, but they only asked about power / BHP)

Thanks both. If anyone's interested, I spoke to the tuning box supplier first, he suggested insurers work on 'bands' of % power increase, and that the box could be set up accordingly.

Admiral's lowest bands are up to 10%, and 11 to 25%. They quoted £20 and £33 increase respectively

Thanks both. If anyone's interested, I spoke to the tuning box supplier first, he suggested insurers work on 'bands' of % power increase, and that the box could be set up accordingly.

Admiral's lowest bands are up to 10%, and 11 to 25%. They quoted £20 and £33 increase respectively

Ah OK. So mine probably did increase then as I paid £33 or around that.

The guy said it was an admin charge for changing the policy, but as he had no clue about the modifications I'd had done, I had to explain them all so he could understand and as a result I didn't have a lot of faith in what he was saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom